Two portraits

uzimonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC02498.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

Keep in mind that these were taken with a point and shoot (Sony DSC-P10). Not sure about #2, she's in kind of a strange pose (trying to blow bubbles on a thing that's supposed to take batteries) and I think the bike is in the way. The background is kind of confusing too. The lighting on her face is not right in #1, but I think it's the better of the two.

ohhh.. pretty colours.

I sort of agree with some of the things you've mentioned. But I think the lighting in number 1 is perfect for a kid's portrait.

I agree about the bike in 2 - it's too close to her body. But aren't the little flowers on the grass cute!!! and her pose is fine... it doesn't look weird.

For a point and shoot you've done very well. Great depth of field!

Where on earth do you get grass like that!? It looks cold... and very green.
We're in a drought here so I think i've forgotten what green is all together. :-(

I sort of agree with some of the things you've mentioned. But I think the lighting in number 1 is perfect for a kid's portrait.
Do you think I should have used the flash to try to illuminate her more evenly, or kept it as it is?

For a point and shoot you've done very well. Great depth of field!
Thanks, the focus controls are a bit hard to use and I'm still experimenting. This one was done with center autofocus, hold the shutter button half way down to lock, then panned to the right. Feels like you have to do a little dance to get the thing to focus how you want.

Where on earth do you get grass like that!? It looks cold... and very green.
We're in a drought here so I think i've forgotten what green is all together. :-(
Those are just the weeds that grow in my under-maintained lawn. And what's this about cold? It was 70 degrees yesterday, that's almost a hot summer day around here ;)

Do you think I should have used the flash to try to illuminate her more evenly, or kept it as it is?

You have to be careful with the flash because you might end up with a very flat face. I know that sounds like the opposite to what you'd expect. But you can get funny shadows and also very harsh shadows with a P&S flash. If you really want to get rid of some of those soft shadows on her face I'd use a reflector. But that gets a bit messy then because you'd need another person or be ultra organised and have it leaning on something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back