Two questions

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off, I would love any recommendations for a website location (however you want to say that). Currently, since I am a beginner, I am using blogspot, but I am not really happy with it. What do you do, how simple is it to upkeep, etc.

Second question, I know I have been editing my pictures the hard way, in regards to sizing. I just don't know really how I should be doing it. I crop it to a 4x6, just because, and then edit it. Most of the prints I have done so far have just been the 4x6 size, so that is fine, but I recently was asked to print a 5x7 and an 8x10 and have had to go in and re-edit everything to make one for that size. Silly huh! When do you crop? What size do you crop your pictures to? Any suggestions for me?

Any advice is SOOOO appreciated.

There are many, many options for web hosting. Look around and see what you can find.

My camera's native ratio is 2:3...so I don't need to crop for 4x6. I usually keep that ratio when I crop or I don't crop anything at first.

I edit the image and save a working copy (TIFF or PSD).
Then, if I want prints, I will resize/crop and edit the image for the print size that I want and save that as a copy. If I want a different print size, I make yet another copy that is sized properly and cropped etc.

Thanks Mike. :wink:

Most reactions

Back