two questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Almost forgot to ask.

The first is kind of a moral one. I ordered some Kodak D76 the other day and it was meant to arrive in 2-4weeks. A week after the order a box arrived and I opened it to find two memory card readers. The D76 costs £1.75 and each memory card reader costs £22.99. Now, what would you do? This isn't the first time this has happened with this company. I ordered some 669 Polaroid film once and got sent a rubber eyepiece for a Canon camera instead. That was sorted out by them sending me a sticker with the real owners address to put on the box and then I had to post it. The readers won't work on my computer, but if I keep them I could get £15+ for each one on eBay. What should I do? I phoned them up on Saturday to be told the lines were closed. But know I'm not sure what to do. I'm in an evil mood.

And the other is about my knee. Sunday morning I woke up and it hurt. It got worse as the day went on. Since then it has started to hurt more and more. At first it was just when I moved it in certain ways but now it's pretty much constant. I wrapped it up yesterday and after an hour or so walking I felt a couple of "pops" comming from inside. So, should I go to the doctor? I hate those places. I'm giving it until Friday to see how it goes. If it still hurts I'll probably give it another week knowing me...

2. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I would make an attempt to get the readers back to them, but I think it should involve as little "work" as possible for you. They send you a prepaid shipping label and you call to schedule a pickup maybe.

I would not mess around with knee problems. Has there been any swelling? Maybe call a doctor and see what they advise.

3. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

let your conscience guide you

see a doctor

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

use the force fern, use the force.

md

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do the right thing. You never know when Karma will return the favor. ;)

As for your knee.... see a doctor right away please. :hugs:

6. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Karma is for hippies. So I take it no-one wants one of the card readers then? :mrgreen:

My sister is a physiotherapist and I made her take a look. Last time she played with my knee (it was my right one then, it's my left right now) it was because it was hurting and cracking. She poked, it let out an enormous and painful crack which echoed around the room and she jumped backwards and went, "urgh". Oh, and it hurt a bit when that happened. Doesn't give you much confidence in her really. Anyho, I managed to get my leg up on the work surface and straightened my leg. That hurt a lot because I've got incredible tight/short hamstrings. She had a poke and I got back "you've got a really wobbly kneecap, it's got no support and I can feel it touching your bone". So after I tried to get a proper answer it came back, "that's not good". She did go to university.........

7. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you know it's messed up, what's keeping you from going to the doctor??? Geesh! :roll:

8. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Karma is for everyone, young man. As soon as you return the items that were mistakenly sent to you, your knee will markedly improve. :twisted:

But, you go on about your business....we'll just call ya "hop-along". :mrgreen:

"Instant karma is gonna get you...."
    J.L.

9. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's really dodgy how the company sent you the sticker to put on the package for the other people. Really really pathetic in my opinion.

Think of how much of your time they wasted by doing that.
    1/2hr - 45mins going to post office
    5 mins on the phone
    2 mins walking to letter box
    1 min opening letter and putting sticker on package
    5 mins typing this post

Now think about the wear and tear and other costs:
    Car/shoes - going to post office
    your skin that got stuck to the sticker when you peeled it off
    Your sanity slowly being ground away by this stupid incompetent company
    Computer wear and tear typing in forum
    Internet connection
    Ebay fees

I'd say that adds up to the 30 quid you'd get from selling the stupid things.

I'm not really a mean person but constant incompetence like that really pisses me off. I'd make my decision based on how they talk/talked to you this and last time. If they really do care and are genuinely sorry I'd send them back, but if they really couldn't give a rats bum sell them.

10. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Because I'm not going to waste a doctors time when he could be doing something more important.
    If that's ok with you.

11. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Ferny, you are important, your health IS important. Please take care of yourself and get it looked it. Did you do anything that could have injured it, or it just started hurting all out of the blue?

And send the darn card things back. If you keep them, they will lose money when they have to send out the new ones to the real buyer, and that will just drive up prices when you need to buy something else. Honesty benefits all of us.

• Like Like x 1
  12. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And lo, Mindy has spaketh the truth. :sillysmi:

• Like Like x 1