Two random shots

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. This is actually a pretty old picture of me out on the track that I decided to play with while bored, and I thought selective color worked well for it. Edit: Oh gee, forgot it's my avatar too...
623308262_yuLdF-L.jpg

2. A quick shot of my dog from a couple days ago that I had some fun with in Lightroom.
619484840_k8xk9-L.jpg

Generally animal pictures need to show their eyes to really work well. Also dead-centered tends to be kinda unexciting for the viewer. That being said, cute pup. :)

Like the motorcycle shot and I think the selective coloring is a pretty cool choice.

Generally animal pictures need to show their eyes to really work well. Also dead-centered tends to be kinda unexciting for the viewer. That being said, cute pup. :)

Like the motorcycle shot and I think the selective coloring is a pretty cool choice.
Thanks. I did actually have some where he was looking right at me too, but in this case thought they were a lot more boring than when something to the side caught his attention. Same goes for the centering; different crops that I tried just seemed weird with that look/heavy vignette so I decided to break the "rules" this time.

I like the picture of your dog - just wish my 3 would sit that still long enough for a decent shot :)

Usually one would choose vignetting when it compliments a good picture, not generally the other way around...?

That being said, I personally tend to dislike vignetting as well.

I'm digging the bike pic and *gasp* even the selective colouring. There are just enough colours in the visor to draw interest. nice job. If its a pic of you, who took it?

I'm not liking the dog one. The look off camera and the centering of the image (basically, what manaheim said) dont work for me. With an off camera look, having him more to the left side of the frame will give the viewer a sense that he is looking off camera. Dead center is just confusing to the eye.

I find it funny he has a ball there and paying attention somewhere else.
In terms of sharpness, its nice. And I also like the pp

I like the picture of your dog - just wish my 3 would sit that still long enough for a decent shot :)
Well, notice the ball sitting there. He wanted me to throw it, but I had other plans. ;) Then, right before I hit the shutter on that one, a loud noise elsewhere (neighbor or something) caught his attention to the side.

Usually one would choose vignetting when it compliments a good picture, not generally the other way around...?

That being said, I personally tend to dislike vignetting as well.

I'm digging the bike pic and *gasp* even the selective colouring. There are just enough colours in the visor to draw interest. nice job. If its a pic of you, who took it?

I'm not liking the dog one. The look off camera and the centering of the image (basically, what manaheim said) dont work for me. With an off camera look, having him more to the left side of the frame will give the viewer a sense that he is looking off camera. Dead center is just confusing to the eye.

I find it funny he has a ball there and paying attention somewhere else.
In terms of sharpness, its nice. And I also like the pp
I also liked just the small amount of color, especially with as much going on in the visor as there was (see the guy I'm chasing down?).

I went back and did the cropping and it's not nearly as bad as I remember it. I must have just been tired of looking at that picture :greenpbl: Here it is with a good crop and sans vignette, keeping the other effects. Thanks guys!

624257135_4isEM-L.jpg

I went back and did the cropping and it's not nearly as bad as I remember it. I must have just been tired of looking at that picture :greenpbl: Here it is with a good crop and sans vignette, keeping the other effects. Thanks guys!

624257135_4isEM-L.jpg

I know what you mean by getting tried of looking at a photo. There are so many options when it comes to PP that I can experiment all day long on one photo. Then after a while, I can't honestly judge a photo properly because I've looked at it for so long :)

Anyway, I think the bike shot is excellent. I'd like to get some shots of myself on my bike as well. I just have to figure out how to do it. That selective coloring on the face shield is excellent in my opinion - it just works for this shot.

The dog shot above would be complimented nicely in my opinion with a sepia color. Something about the black dog and white ball make it an appealing choice. Nice shots!

Matt

Most reactions

Back