Two Random Shots

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hadn't posted anything lately, these are shots from this summer that I decided I liked a bit last night...the first is an old bridge in St. Louis, you can see the metro link going through it at the top (which I just noticed :lol: ) and the second is a shot from a local lake...

St.jpg

Draganized-copy.jpg

Surprise-surprise: although the second photo is one of nature sporting many GREEN leaves (!), I like the first better this time.

Very accurate framing of only part of the bridge, pleasing play with lines and curves, colours and texture, the people at the bottom a good scale for the size of the pillars, and best of all is that metro train "peeping around the corner" :D.

I like the first one, too. It has a really ice sense of scale because of the people underneath.

And someone tell Amanda that that isn't a lake, it's a rock. Silly Amanda :greenpbl:

Cool column like the way you caught it with the people for scale. Love the way stone work was done so long ago. Nice picture

I really like the first, however I can't help thinking that those people are not supposed to be there as they seem to put colour where it shouldn't be which distracts my eye to them, if that makes any sense. Might be worth trying to desaturate them or clone them out and see what that gives you, the train is the story in this one - of course thats only my humble opinion, and you can tell me to sod off if you like :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) In the first I was shooting for scale by including the people, but I see what you're saying about their clothes tempra, when I get some freetime I'll work on the colors with that one a bit more :)

And Joe, I know it's a rock :lol: I just took it near a lake...in fact about 10 feet from the waters edge :)

wow #1 is a killer.

a couple of beautys adnama.

Most reactions

Back