Two Sisters, Portraits

badger02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a chance to get out a take a few more recently. Any CC including anything specific to work on next time would be greatly appreciated! I'm having trouble with color balance as the site location changes. It's something that's fixable in PP, obviously, but a pain. I was outside and it was cloudy so I set my camera to the generic "Cloudy" white balance. Should I be fine tuning this as I go?

Thanks!

2616438652_87615020a8.jpg

2616438676_9c525996a2.jpg

2602892330_f322dc0b6e.jpg

2608905979_7faea8863e.jpg

C&C per req:
1. Nicely exposed, but I'm not crazy about the angle. As well, watch the hair, in this case right over her right eye.
2. About 1/2 stop over-exposed; also note that her left side is picking up the intense yellows of the wood against which she is leaning. I like the pose and expression.
3. Good exposure, but the expression does not work for me nor does the angle.
4. A really cute picture, but at least one stop over, and with some pretty intense highlights. In this case the background is a bit of a detractor. It would have been nice to have soft green area rather than the mix.
With respect to your comment about white balance, in a case like this with constantly changing colour temperature due to cloud, shade etc. probably the easiest thing to do is leave the camera set to 'Auto WB' and then (assuming you shoot RAW) just adjust it in post.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

tirediron: Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply! Regarding number 2, I think I'll try and ease some of the yellow on the side of her face with PP. I think number 4 was under-exposed when I shot it, and I adjusted it (way too) high. Ha. I probably need to calibrate my monitor, too... Your comments definitely give me things to keep in mind next time. Thanks.

Photogal: They're not mine, but they are cute and lots of fun. Thanks!

Eyes: Very concise. Thanks. :)

number 2 is ridiculous. i love the overexposed look, it really brought out her eyes! i mean look at the color. what were the settings you used for that one?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back