elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
souls1.jpg

That shot makes me do a whole girlie aaaawwwww! You really captured love in that slice of time.

I'm sure that will have a place of prominence in their home!

Excellent!!

Xmetal said:
What camera/lens/flash were you using?

Nice picture. :)

Hi Xmetal! This was taken with the 20D, 24-105mm L IS, and a 580 EX Flash on Bracket with Micro Apollo. There is a ton of post processing on the shot though....several Nik fliters (Foliage, Sunshine, Silver Reflector, Dynamic Skin Softening) as well as some dodging and burning.

anicole said:
That shot makes me do a whole girlie aaaawwwww! You really captured love in that slice of time.

I'm sure that will have a place of prominence in their home!

Excellent!!

Dang Anicole! That's so nice. I sure hope so. I'm really trying to step up my post processing skills. I started looking around and although my shots are ok, my processing sucked in compairision to the rest of the market, so I'm trying hard to remedy that.
Here is another shot which was pretty difficult. He's VERY red, so it's tough for me to work with.
wreslingweb.jpg

Thanks so much for looking!

I really like both! The only crit I have, is the crop on the first just doesn't quite feel right to me. Not sure how to crop differently without playing around with it myself though. I do love the expressions.

Thank you Pete, Photogal and Cory!
I agree Cory, I'm not crazy about the crop either, but they are needing an 11x14 (of one of the shots) and it was tough keeping them both in. I'm so bad about the dadgum close camera crop! I just loved her expression though. They are so cute and so young, and so much in love. I've really got to stop with the incamera crops though! :)

elsaspet said:
I've really got to stop with the incamera crops though! :)

YIKES! Don't give up on that! Why bother about megapixels, full frame sensors and the like if we don't learn to utilize the greatest part of the image as often as we can?

In "the old days," I found myself more often than not using negative masks smaller than full format. It got me thinking, why shoot 6x7 if I'm gonna crop down to 6x4.5?

Hang in there, my friend.

Pete

elsaspet said:
Thank you Pete, Photogal and Cory!
I agree Cory, I'm not crazy about the crop either, but they are needing an 11x14 (of one of the shots) and it was tough keeping them both in. I'm so bad about the dadgum close camera crop! I just loved her expression though. They are so cute and so young, and so much in love. I've really got to stop with the incamera crops though! :)

I'm bad at sometimes cropping too closely in camera, too, so that it really can't be played with. I did kinda wonder if that might be the reason. On my last portrait shoot the mother wanted a picture cropped the other way, but it wasn't possible. Oh well, practice makes perfect. I am getting a bit more conscious of doing that while I take the picture.

core_17 said:
I'm bad at sometimes cropping too closely in camera, too, so that it really can't be played with. I did kinda wonder if that might be the reason. On my last portrait shoot the mother wanted a picture cropped the other way, but it wasn't possible. Oh well, practice makes perfect. I am getting a bit more conscious of doing that while I take the picture.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to give a larger photo (at smaller photo price) because I've cropped to darn close. Hehe. I'm a slow learner I guess.:lmao:

I really like these - she has such great expression in these photos - you can really "feel the love" - nicely done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back