Two sunset images.

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C is welcome as always. I'm not sure how I feel about either of these.

640582292_uEhRa-L.jpg

2.(yes, I know the horizon is crooked. I need to fix that.)
640528193_nXFwk-L.jpg

#1 - I like the sun down the side of the pier. I'm not sure the buoy is so recognizable that it shouldn't just be cloned out. I think this pic is particularly suited to a vertical crop taking out most of the left side. Horizon is much better than #2.

Wonder how it would do with a vertical crop taking out most of the right side. The focus would be drawn more to the person watching the sun go down.

Thanks, I will try cropping them. I was already on the same page with you on the buoy. It's distracting to me.

any reason #2 is so slanted?
If it was a candid / moment shot, nice capture. If you had control over the scene, I would prefer the image without the bike

any reason #2 is so slanted?

Yeah, I wasn't holding the camera level;) Didn't do it on purpose, I'll have to straighten that one up some.

If it was a candid / moment shot, nice capture. If you had control over the scene, I would prefer the image without the bike
Thanks, nope, I didn't set it up, I am not sure the guy even knew I was taking pictures behind him. He never did turn around, so I assume he didn't hear my shutter clicking off or he did hear it and didn't care.

A word of advice, people: you need to SLOW down when taking pictures. I understand tilts can happen but that shot just says you took that shot while running or not even thinking. Also shot #1 is somewhat ok but its still a bit sloppy (tilted even) and theres some weird banding in the sky, perhaps compression artifacts. And i agree the bike is a bit out of place. It's cropped awkwardly (whether intentionally cropped or cropped when composing.) take it nice and slow :greenpbl: These mishaps occur less in film

Most reactions

Back