Two Towers

andycarnall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
TwoTowers.jpg

I liked the contrast of the ornate victoriantower to the smooth new tower, but I'm not sure that it's not a bit confusing having two subjects in the photo.

As usual - hatchets out.... swing away

The photo is a bit too confusing with so many depths and things to look at. You have the water, the pole(?), the structure on the right, and the bridge. There is just too much in my opinion.

Maybe.. but then I like what you were going for here. The comparison between old and new. I'm not sure how it could be improved since I'm not entirely sure of the area you took this from. In a weird way, though, I quite like this.

I like this a lot!!! I don't think there's to much to look at!!! The contrast between the old and new is interesting, and the water adds a little extra flare to it!!! I think you did an excellent job with it and wouldn't change a thing :thumbup:

It brought a smile to my face viewing the two towers through your eyes. Nice job.

Though I wish the contrast could be somehow more sharply focused.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

This photo wasn't the original intention (it's a crop of the photo of the fountain in the foreground), but the contrast with the two towers presented itself when I was working on it

I really struggled to get any contrast in this photo - the sky in London was about the same shade of grey as the stone work in the tower - I'm back there next weekend and will have another look at it from diferent angles/lenses, and the light might (possibly) be a bit better

I like it but it's a bit busy. Maybe try a different angle?

i really like this whole "battle", if you would, between the older and newer architecture great shot.

Graphically confused, railing in mid-ground leads eye out as does the span of london bridge. Perspective - lines, not parallel and horizon not level... Nice idea (Contrast old and new) perhaps a little more attention to graphic details...

sdbphoto said:
Graphically confused, railing in mid-ground leads eye out as does the span of london bridge. Perspective - lines, not parallel and horizon not level... Nice idea (Contrast old and new) perhaps a little more attention to graphic details...

I thought someone would pick up the not level thing... the problem is that that bar isn't actually level - not sure how to cope with that in this image - any ideas :scratch:

I suppose its a little busy for me - the building to the right irritates me somehow, although without it would we be any further forward? I realise there is a problem with vertical and horizontals here and it does detract somewhat. On the positive side - it's a great idea, mono is a good choice and exposure is good.

perspective is all in the eye of the beholder... you could try straightening it, who will know... except all of us... ha ha... good luck!

Most reactions

Back