Two years later. Success!

tslice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylergreenphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Over the past few years I've been struggling through life, living just to live, and have come to the realization that I'm in need of a major change. Every career path I've tried has been un-fulfilling, while generating no self-worth. I love the media arts, and have always wanted to be a part of them. I've decided photography is what speaks loudest to me. I love the timeless images, and the emotion captured within the beauty of a photograph. I love the reward of a great picture, and the memory of the story that it tells, so I've decided to try a career in photojournalism.

I'm not too sure where to start, other than the need to better my skills as a photographer and a writer. The biggest questions I have are, how do I begin a photojournalism career, what types of jobs are available, what will it take to earn a living, and what will the future hold in store for me.

Should I seek an internship with a newspaper or magazine, or should I seek an apprenticeship from a photographer/journalist whom I admire, and how should I go about reaching these individuals? I would ask if I should go to school, but I would rather spend the money on equipment and learn through experience.

My ultimate goal would be to publish my own articles and photographs, while working to publish a book on a subject that is most important to myself.

I truly appreciate your help and advice, and welcome any comments and thoughts, so thank you in advance.

I wrote this on the forum two years ago. Today, I learned I received the AP (NM bureau) photo of the month award. I am beyond honored and overwhelmed with personal achievement. Thank you hard work and dedication!

I wrote this on the forum two years ago. Today, I learned I received the AP (NM bureau) photo of the month award. I am beyond honored and overwhelmed with personal achievement. Thank you hard work and dedication!

Hey where's the "Thanks TPF" part??? ;) :lol:

Kidding - great to hear that things have come together for you at least and that your both on the path that you want to be on and that your getting recognition for your work!
Don't stop now though - the hard part just started :mrgreen:

I checked out your website. Outstanding work man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly your hard work and dedication have paid off. Associated Press is a global organization and you should be very proud. Next stop Corbis and or Getty!!!!

Much Love & Bass

THANKS TPF! No seriously, I'm absolutely grateful to all the generous photographers in the world lending their knowledge and experience. It's a great time we live in for sharing knowledge.

Thanks Craig! One can only dream. PS, you can never have too much bass!

You can see the photo here.

THANKS TPF! No seriously, I'm absolutely grateful to all the generous photographers in the world lending their knowledge and experience. It's a great time we live in for sharing knowledge.

Thanks Craig! One can only dream. PS, you can never have too much bass!

You can see the photo here.
So, you wound up giving them a call! :thumbup: Conrgats on the recognition.

Just be sure and not rely to much on spell checkers. Proof reading your captions will catch spelling errors like using "feel" when you meant "fell".

Thats pretty damn sweet! Congrats on the accomplishment, definatly something to be proud of!

Man, you have a lot of good work for a two year period. Looks like your totally commited. Keep up the good work, it seems like your on the right track.

Man, you have a lot of good work for a two year period. Looks like your totally commited. Keep up the good work, it seems like your on the right track.

Thanks man. I think I get lucky most of the time, working for a small (2,800) daily in a small (14,000 population) town. It always amazes me how many great pictures can come from such a small town.

Most reactions

Back