****ty weather

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its rainy and grey. What should i shoot?

Do you mean in a funny way, because it's nicer out? I do prefer sunny days as a person, but...
In taking a photograph, bright sunshine sucks as a photographer. Exposing for both deep shadow and direct sun is nearly impossible, and the shadow borders are soooo harsh.

How do you prevent a horrible grainy mess in low light?

How do you prevent a horrible grainy mess in low light?

Grain is just going to be based on film choice (and developer to some extent). A cloudy day shouldn't require a high enough speed film to make grain a problem.

If you are talking about digital, then noise can be an issue. Exposing correctly goes a long way in keeping it at bay. A wide aperture will allow you to use a lower ISO.

Check out the photos taken by our member SPAKO (use "Members" -> "Search") and see what all can be photographed when you cannot go outside to take nice sunny landscapes...

Rainy and grey has it's advantages. Travel around and see if the cloud cover thins slightly. This may provide some really nice diffuse light. Also consider that objects etc can take on a nice sheen when they are wet. Now if you have fog then you are in luck.

Most reactions

Back