u2

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i can't believe how behind the times i am, i recently heard the u2's "electrical storm" on french net radio, and I was like damn that one of the best u2 songs i've ever heard - wow they must have a new album out! Then i do research into and realised it was released in 2002. I am getting behind the times, guess that what happens when you close in on 30.

Of course, my car radio has a japanese band that only picks of 3 stations - Mai FM, Radio Hauraki (on a good day) and that Paul Holmes station. So after 2 years of living in Jafa-town, i finally tune in to some good stations at work. Man I been missing out on some good tunes :cry:

Anyone got any other good songs/album they are listening to now?

AFI- Sing The Sorrow
Metallica- Ride The Lightning
Story Of The Year- Page Avenue
YellowCard- Ocean Avenue

md

thank md, i think you send me a couple of tunes from Ocean Ave a while back. Metallica - we are going back a bit eh? hehehehe

I am looking for stuff without too much angst and screaming - can anyone recommend a few good mellow and ambient tunes for me?

vonnagy said:
I am looking for stuff without too much angst and screaming - can anyone recommend a few good mellow and ambient tunes for me?

What's a song without angst and screaming? :wink:

Mellow and ambient - Aimee Mann, Lost in Space (she's amazing)

The Finn Brothers - Finn Brothers, and you may as well pick up the new one "Everyone Is Here" as soon as it's released (Aug. 24). Bite me, anyway, you Kiwi, they're practically your neighbors - you MUST give them a listen!!! :p

Some fabulous Brit pop with superlative musicianship and no angst or screaming: Supergrass, In It For the Money, Life on Other Planets - both superb records.

Rock on, bro! :band:

vonnagy said:
There always Moby. A little of everything and then some. He goes well with Paul Oakenfold when you're filling up the CD tray.

vonnagy said:

Anything by Norah Jones.

hobbes28 said:
Sting live in concert. I don't remember the name of the CD but it's mellow.

Speaking of, anything by the Police

do you know Gus Gus? 'Polydistortion' is one of my fav albums,
ah , and Recoil 'Liquid'...i dont know but if you liked Kosheen you might like it too.... -:)

Most reactions

Back