Uber - Today's #1 WORST Corporation

I disagree hat this was/is worse than Target's breach.

Today's cyber security is a joke. Most companies are not equipped to deal with security, yet put your private data is for grabs.

You know how banks deal with hackers? they reissue you a new CC and never actually solve the problem.

Payoffs are nothing new in cyber security and it probably doesn't happen as much as we'd fear, but more than we suspect.
Uber I think grew fast because it found a very cheap way to function using new technology and undercutting the competition. However they also appear to have cut a lot of corners on the way. That was probably fine when they were small and were ignored; but as they've grown and become more and more of a major player those lapses in their structure have come back to bite them hard.
They honestly probable grew too fast for their own good and on practices that don't work in a safe secure manner when rolled out over large areas with large staff numbers (esp as the concept of staff is a bit loose with Uber anyway).

Uber is Savannah was a hilarious joke.

I'd still use it over a taxi.

You know how banks deal with hackers? they reissue you a new CC and never actually solve the problem.

... they even deny that there might be or might have been a problem, if it suits their case and their lawyers tell them so...

Had a coworker who drove for Uber in Atlanta on his days off. He said it was ok for a while. Definatley met some different people. But he said you don't make any money. And they keep changing rates for the drivers. I just recently asked him about it. Said he had not driven for a couple months.

Last edited:
Ubers business model is simple- put company overhead on to the workers. So uneducated workers driver their car into the ground then realize they cannot pay for the overhead of running a car 100,000 miles a year.

The average Uber driver last about 6-12mo(about the time it takes their car to need more maintenance then they can pay for). After math/overhead the average Uber driver makes about $13. an hour or less.

Cybersecurity a massive mess.... So many companies harvesting as much data as they can and then putting it in very insecure storage or selling it to whoever has a few bucks.
Most of the populations DOB, SS#, Mother maiden name, etc has already been hacked.

The latest thing companies are harvesting is location data everywhere you and your family go within 8-10 of accuracy.

I'm not sure how they ever thought Uber would work.

Drivers aren't actually employees and I know from doing home visits for work how necessary good support can be when you're 'out there' on the job. As a passenger taking a ride with some person driving you around in their car could be taking your life in your hands! At least with a cab there's a boss or supervisor and there's a dispatcher so there's some semblance of backup available, the drivers aren't out there taking sole responsibility on their own.

I'd be just as glad to see Uber go out of business or shape up and function like a cab, bus or transportation company.

I'd be just as glad to see Uber go out of business or shape up and function like a cab, bus or transportation company.

Yeah, we should back to 1970. When everything was perfect.

Uber does not want to work like a cab company.
That is why they have been to court to protect their particular business model and want to define the "Customer" as the "driver" and not as an employee; or more recently as an Independent Contractor. If they were identified as an employee then a boatload of other costs follow that, which is what they are trying to avoid.

The UK has already caused some major headaches for them ==> Uber loses right to classify UK drivers as self-employed

Some people may say that it helps with employment. That is true, but it also destroys other peoples employment such as Cab Drivers who have had to drive by other rules while essentially offering the same type of service.

Most reactions

Back