Ugghh...Nikon View 6 and Photoshop 7 problem

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally find a program to put plugins into Photoshop7. Nikon View 6. It installs the plugins and I can finally see .nef files. But it doesn't work. It tries to open the photo, but all I see is a grey box where the photo should be. So I can't change the white balance or EV. If I hit ok for the heck of it, I get an error that it can't be opened becuase of a disk error. I can open .jpgs no problem, just the .nefs I can't.

Talk about close but no cigar.....

Camera Raw will import any raw file into Photoshop. You dont need a plugin to do this.

If you are referring to .nef's from your D90, make sure you have Adobe Camera Raw vers. 4.6 or higher....

i just went through the same getting it figured out.

One funny thing to note that the DNG Converter that came with ACR 5.3? would not convert my .nef's, the DNG Converter that came with 4.6 worked just fine. (os x version of course). I hate using DNG but I'm still using LR 1.4

Camera Raw will import any raw file into Photoshop. You dont need a plugin to do this.

Do you have a link to the Camera Raw download that works with Photoshop 7? I found 5.3, and ran the CameraProfiles.exe file. I ran throught the wizard, but now what. How do I use it?

Thanks Ands!

Do you have a link to the Camera Raw download that works with Photoshop 7? I found 5.3, and ran the CameraProfiles.exe file. I ran throught the wizard, but now what. How do I use it?

Thanks Ands!

You use it by just opening a RAW file in Photoshop. It's not seperate software per se. Its just an add-on to Photoshop.

if thats ps elements 7 follow instructions on the adobe site, if its PS 7 then you'll need to use the DNG converter then camera raw or upgrade your version of photoshop to use acr as earlier versions dont support newer nef files, I know cos I wont upgrade further. H

...if its PS 7 then you'll need to use the DNG converter ...

Actually, this will not work with PS7 (Photoshop version 7, not Photoshop Elements[/I version 7]unless the PS7 is the rare and, at the time expensive, special upgraded version that supported RAW images. Universal support for the ACR pluging began with PS/CS (version 8). Even then, you must have ACR v2.2, v2.3, or v2.4 to get DNG support. The first two releases of ACR v2.x lacked support for DNG.

PSE 7 (Photoshop Elements v7) is a completely different animal. It supports much newer versions of ACR with support the newer cameras and DNG.

Actually, this will not work with PS7 (Photoshop version 7, not Photoshop Elements[/I version 7]unless the PS7 is the rare and, at the time expensive, special upgraded version that supported RAW images. Universal support for the ACR pluging began with PS/CS (version 8). Even then, you must have ACR v2.2, v2.3, or v2.4 to get DNG support. The first two releases of ACR v2.x lacked support for DNG.

PSE 7 (Photoshop Elements v7) is a completely different animal. It supports much newer versions of ACR with support the newer cameras and DNG.

That must be my issue though. I do have the plain Jane Photoshop version 7. Damn it looked so promising too.

It turned out to be a good Friday afterall. Just found out the we have Photoshop CS3 Extended on our Citrix server. Works beautifully.....

Most reactions

Back