UGH, what is wrong with this?

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having trouble shooting anything today that is even in focus, let alone at the right exposure. Long learning curve. Anyway, I am realizing the more i hang out here that i don't have any idea how to even spot a proper exposure, i tend to like underexposed image for some reason. Please tell me whats wrong with this, as i think its OK, but it probably isn't. Thanks:

1384316568_3c7cf9a3ba.jpg

Looks OK to me, but maybe it could use some contrast. In photoshop, I would use Curves to give is some mid-tone contrast.

Looks OK to me, but maybe it could use some contrast. In photoshop, I would use Curves to give is some mid-tone contrast.

Thanks mike. I am trying to learn how to shoot in raw and then process but am having a hard time trusting my eye. I will try the curves and repost. You don't think it looks fuzzy at all?

It does look fuzzy at the bottom. But then it might just be the cluttering vegetation.

At only 500px wide, it is hard to tell if it is sharp through and through or fuzzy in parts, I would THINK it is sharp through and through. And also exposure looks good to me. Some tweaks in curves or levels maybe (personally, I am more a "levels"-person), but all in all exposure is good.

Compositionally, it is a bit straightforward. Just a photo of something in front of you (very much like my photos tend to be, I see something nice, lift the camera to my eyes, and take the photo - others are more creative about points of view, angles and whatnot).

But exposurewise...? OK.

At only 500px wide, it is hard to tell if it is sharp through and through or fuzzy in parts, I would THINK it is sharp through and through. And also exposure looks good to me. Some tweaks in curves or levels maybe (personally, I am more a "levels"-person), but all in all exposure is good.

Compositionally, it is a bit straightforward. Just a photo of something in front of you (very much like my photos tend to be, I see something nice, lift the camera to my eyes, and take the photo - others are more creative about points of view, angles and whatnot).

But exposurewise...? OK.

Thanks for the feed back. I was really scared to get any closer to the subject. I was alone yesterday in a questionable area next to an abandoned house, some strange little church that also looks like it was deserted in the middle of a service and right up the hill from the railroad tracks. All in all i thought it was the plot line to a slasher movie...
I don't think that its focused all the way through, when i change the size it looks hazy and unfocused to me.

Looks fairly sharp to me ga shooter, the slight haze may be a DOF issue,,as has been said a few tweaks would help liven it up.
Composition wise, I would have either got in closer, and filled the frame with the graffiti , or backed off and included the whole roof.
A pro friend of mine gave me the best advise ever
"KEEP SHOOTING"!!

Most reactions

Back