Ugly, Pretty, Warty

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lunch today, Canon SX60HS

1. Ugly; he likes broccoli and cauliflower.
IMG_9072e.jpg

2. Pretty
IMG_9080e.jpg

3. Pretty
IMG_9106e.jpg

4. Pretty
IMG_9113e.jpg

5. Warty
IMG_8961e.jpg

6. Warty
IMG_8967e.jpg

Great set.

Egrets are such a pain when they're against a dark background. I always use spot metering and start at .5 under exposed or boost the shutter to at least 1/800.

Great set.

Egrets are such a pain when they're against a dark background. I always use spot metering and start at .5 under exposed or boost the shutter to at least 1/800.
Thanks bud. These were the best I could get with the Canon P & S. I don't think I blew the whites out, right? I was like -3 EC.

No whites are good.
If it has a raw file you should be able to boost the shadows and get the background a little brighter without killing the white.

Very cool angle on the 3rd egret.

No whites are good.
If it has a raw file you should be able to boost the shadows and get the background a little brighter without killing the white.
I was shooting in jpeg. Thought I switched camera to raw but didn't hit the o.k. button. Pissed me off, got lucky. I raised the shadows but it looked a little chalky.

View attachment 126789

2. Pretty
View attachment 126790

3. Pretty
View attachment 126791

4. Pretty
View attachment 126792

5. Warty
View attachment 126787

6. Warty
View attachment 126788
Nice set! I think #5 is my favorite. I think I may upgrade to a point and shoot!
Thanks. Don't, the camera has its limitations. The manual mode is a major pain. Program mode works the best. Stabilization is not that great. If your sure handed, it can produce some sharp photos. Lots of misses. The color is very good, huge reach.

I was shooting in jpeg. Thought I switched camera to raw but didn't hit the o.k. button. Pissed me off, got lucky. I raised the shadows but it looked a little chalky.

Ya only so much you can pull out of a jpeg.
Great job non the less.

View attachment 126789

2. Pretty
View attachment 126790

3. Pretty
View attachment 126791

4. Pretty
View attachment 126792

5. Warty
View attachment 126787

6. Warty
View attachment 126788
Nice set! I think #5 is my favorite. I think I may upgrade to a point and shoot!
Thanks. Don't, the camera has its limitations. The manual mode is a major pain. Program mode works the best. Stabilization is not that great. If your sure handed, it can produce some sharp photos. Lots of misses. The color is very good, huge reach.
I was only kidding about the upgrade; it was just meant as a compliment.

View attachment 126789

2. Pretty
View attachment 126790

3. Pretty
View attachment 126791

4. Pretty
View attachment 126792

5. Warty
View attachment 126787

6. Warty
View attachment 126788
I was only kidding about the upgrade; it was just meant as a compliment.
Good. Thank you very much.

Nice set is the first one a domestic muscovy duck
Thanks, I think so. Last time I seen one was when I lived in Texas. First time seeing one in MI, I was rather surprised.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back