Uh.... Title goes here

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by sillyphaunt, Dec 19, 2004.

1. sillyphaunt

sillyphaunt TPF Noob!

Can't think of a proper title for this one.. Child Standing? :lol:

My daughter.. I am attempting to get composition more appealing in my photos.. I was using the rule of thirds in this.. trying to make her in the right area, yadda yadda, you know.. One in color, one in BW with a side order of grainyness. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Now all that is missing here is her looking in the other direction, i.e. "into" the photo. Not to its edge and her eyes looking towards "nothing" (I'm sure, in fact daddy was there, but...). You know what I mean?

Her expression is very cute!
    In the colour version I like to see her cheeks and tip of nose all red from the cold but am not too keen on the leaves on the ground...

...which don't matter at all in the B+W photo, which then, however, doesn't show her ruddy cheeks, either...

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Good composition. Keep in mind that the rule of thirds takes on a different meaning if the photo is cropped outside of the viewfinder. So let us know the post exposure details.

I love the critters expression, but the photo seems a little not personal to me. Meaning that children and puppy dogs are inherently cute. What is going to make the viewer say "that is definitely a sillyphaunt photo".

4. sillyphaunt

sillyphaunt TPF Noob!

Very good point! :lol: I tend to line it up and shoot, with a toddler you have minimal time to get the shot, so if I can I just shoot and hope for the best.. I am getting better at "seeing" shots, if you knwo what I mean. I didnt even think about the looking/including what she was looking at, thats a great tip. (although in this instance, it was a plane, so no luck there anyway :p )

I actually did think about upping the saturation on the photo to make her red cheeks stand out more, but decided to leave it alone because when I did it made the grass look unnaturally green.. I guess I could have selected the face, but I was lazy.

True. I only cropped a bit off the top on this photo, and a bit from the left. But the main composition is still there.

Another good point. I really enjoy your critiques, craig.. you make me think :p

5. briankern

briankern TPF Noob!

i prefer the color one

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Thanks for the kind words Kylie. I love the thought process that can go into photos.