fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys...

Just wondering... Is there really such a thing as auto zoom?

I keep getting customers at work asking me if the camera has automatic zoom?

I even had one lady try our SLR (EOS 3000N) - and comment that the zoom isn't very good. (and she hadn't touched the lens) - and I told her that you have to move the lens for it to zoom. Which she got kindy grumpy about and said she wanted a camera that had automatic zoom...

But I see that as the stupidest thing I have ever heard... The camera doesn't know what it's looking at and how much you want to zoom it...

What if the camera were to zoom in and only take a photo of someone's nose?

Please tell me there is no such thing...

- Alecia

no such thing...

She probable was thinking of a motorized zoom lens, like most P&S have. :roll:

LOL * camera zoom to 150mm* *yes master camera operatator, ill do that right now* "wow, this is a cool camera"

Lol...

Thankgod. a few people have said it now - and I just wanna slap them...

I would never buy a camera that zoomed for me... I wanna be in control of how much it zooms...

But they were expecting the camera to work out what they were looking at - and zoom in on it..

Uhh... I don't think so!!!! I told them that maybe one day you will be able to plug the camera into your brain and it might work... They looked very confused...

Needless to say - they did not buy the camera. (and the lady was really disgusted that she would have to move her hand and rotate the lens).. (she thought when she half-pressed the shutter button, it was zooming... which we all know is just the camera focusing. lol)

Thankgod its not real...

thanks guys

fadingaway1986 said:
I told them that maybe one day you will be able to plug the camera into your brain and it might work... They looked very confused...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brain? What brain?

fadingaway1986 said:
Lol...

I would never buy a camera that zoomed for me... I wanna be in control of how much it zooms...

thanks guys
Thats why i like my idea.. "camera, zoom to 135mm" :p.. that would be kinda awesome

Ohh I don't wanna go to the family dinner...

Camera - go to the family dinner and take lots of nice photos for me... (But only of people I like)....

Yes....

I think we should invent an auto-zoom camera... For idiots who are too dumb to use their hand and turn the lens... or press the button...

*mumbles* ... stupid people.

It's possible the lady didn't know the difference between auto-zoom and auto-focus and it's also possible she was thinking of motorized-zoom which is common on a lot of digital P&S's and also camcorders.
Maybe it would have been worthwhile to ask the lady what exactly she was looking for.

Nah. she made it quite clear she was looking for something that zoomed itself...

I'm not sure what she said exactly (can't remember)... But it was quite clear she was looking for one that zoomed itself...

I dunno why she was bothering to look into an SLR if she was thinking that....

Most reactions

Back