UK Meet II - The revenge of the lens

The List so far:

Code:
Lensmister - Saturday.
LaFoto - Subject to Family commitments.
Hertz - Subject to Cheese being involved.
doenoe - Also subject to cheese and availability.
MommyOf4Boys - Subject to flights, hotels, and family.
tempra - subject to family commitments.

Anyone else ?

The List so far:

Code:
Lensmister - Saturday.
Archangel - Subject to losing his terrible cough ;)

I will be there...

... but only for the cheese.

Seriously though - London London London. Photographically, it's the dog's danglies - there's nowhere more diverse or interesting. Whether you're into street, people, landscapes, architectural, up, down or sideways... We've got rivers, parks, people, things and stuff. If you want a man to put cheese in your underwear, I've got some contacts in Camden that could sort you out.

London. lol

Rob

As Rob knows, I'll be there! (I'm addicted to these meetups now! :lol:)

I'll vote for London too! :thumbup: So many subjects and photo opportunities and the locals don't appear phased by nutters wandering round with cameras (with huge lenses in some cases and even when worn on the head! :lol: )

Make it the start of September though, as I'll be on holiday mid September and wouldn't be able to make it! :(

ok, my friend is on a group vacation thing, so sharing a hotel is out..is there anyone that would want to share a hotel for the nights of the 2nd and 3rd? I was thinking of something central between the Russell Square area and Hyde Park. I was looking at hotels and have found some pretty nice ones for a reasonable rate. Let me know! :D

Might think about it... have not even MENTIONED yet another meet-up possibility here at home :roll:
But it might make sense for me to arrive on Friday night to fly out again on Sunday evening... I haven't checked Ryanair's flight plans and ticket prices as yet, though.

Nitefly, in case you have non-UK members fly in for the meet-up, anything "up north" would include further travelling for them, whereas London is just the place where most transatlantic flights get to first, and that may also apply to flights from the Continent, although Ryanair also goes to Manchester. But that would mean I'd be in Manchester. And from there?

Imagine Sara (MommyOf4boys) makes it... from Louisiana, no less. The additional journey would add so much to her overall travelling time which is long from where she comes from, anyway, not to be compared to our hopping over to New York and back. And those where 7 hours way there and 5 way home! Only from and to Heathrow, that is, not counting the time it took for changing planes and going on to Hamburg.

Therefore I think London is a good "address" for yet another TPF meet-up.
And I'd be willing to do the TPF salute, as long as others would do it along with me... ;)

I was talking to PS and I'll look into arranging some accommodation. I recommend that you *don't* try and stay in Central London, but rather somewhere slightly on the outskirts. Anyone flying is welcome to a lift from the airport - I'm only a half and hour from Gatwick and two hours from Heathrow.

Chris has seen the kind of area I live in, and assuming he didn't get lost - it's about 12 minutes from Victoria on a good train. London has great public transport, and I don't think anyone from the UK can have too much trouble getting there.

I'll look into getting some discounts and we'll build the list and see what we can do.

Rob

Rob said:
I was talking to PS and I'll look into arranging some accommodation. I recommend that you *don't* try and stay in Central London, but rather somewhere slightly on the outskirts.

Chris has seen the kind of area I live in, and assuming he didn't get lost - it's about 12 minutes from Victoria on a good train. London has great public transport, and I don't think anyone from the UK can have too much trouble getting there.

I'll look into getting some discounts and we'll build the list and see what we can do.

Rob

Agreed, there are some places in Croydon that is only a 15/20 trip from Central London too. Cheap too.

Stay clear of the Central London places and those near the airport unless you can get a flight/hotel package cheap.

You can always email me or Rob and give us a list of hotels/areas you are looking at and we can advise you on them if you want.

Code:
Lensmister - Saturday.
Archangel - Subject to losing his terrible cough ;)
PlasticSpanner - 
nitefly - to be advised.

Anymore takes ?

Simon ?

Most reactions

Back