UK Meet II - The revenge of the lens

fotophia said:
I would love to go to a meet up but traveling will most likely be a problem, september's 4ish months away so we shall see... and plenty of time to get to know you all :)

Manchester to London isn't a problem like Louisiana to London is!!! ;) Come along, we don't bite and the cheese is always impressive. Hope you like pubs! :lol:

R

Rob said:
Manchester to London isn't a problem like Louisiana to London is!!! ;) Come along, we don't bite and the cheese is always impressive. Hope you like pubs! :lol:

R

i deffinatly will if i can! it sounds like alot of fun!

Anyone there who lives between Cornwall and London somewhere on the way?
Anyone on that stretch who would like to offer me accomodation for a night or two between Monday, 28 August, and Saturday, 2 September?

Corinna, I have a tent you could borrow................:lol:

Photopia, I'll probably be on the Manchester-Euston train again this time now I figured out London transport! Drop me a line nearer the time if you or anyone else wants to travel down together. :thumbup:

No TENT! I could bring a tent myself if I wanted to (actually: that even might be an option... :scratch: !?!?!?), but maybe someone's home is nicer?

For there might be a chance I go to a meet-up with people from the other forum I go to on the Bank Holiday Weekend in August --- but where do I go and what do I do in the days inbetween that 3-day event (each day hiking in Cornwall, sounds really enticing!) and the TPF meet-up? I am seriously asking now. Honestly.

ok I already knwo that I have an exam in maths on 28 August :( but... I'll know on the 21 of June if I need to write it or not... so... keep the fingers crossed

I'm an hour out of London on the way (sort of) to Cornwall, but still about 4 hours from there, but I'm planning on being in Germany or France or somewhere like that at that time.

I don't think there's anyone on here from the west country, of course I could be wrong.

You could always fly from Stansted to Newquay or Exeter, I think easyjet go that way.

If plans change, then you would be more than welcome at our house.

tempra said:
I don't think there's anyone on here from the west country, of course I could be wrong.

yep you are wrong ;) ...... im in Devon...... but corinna, unfortunately i can't offer accommodation at the moment because of my personal situation, sorry..... but i can tell you there are alot of B&B's in devon and cornwall, which can be as little as 20 pounds per night..... plus travel lodges are fairly cheap in certain areas of the westcountry. :)

Right, just to re-iterate:

This meetup WILL be happening in LONDON on SEPTEMBER 2nd and 3rd.

Those travelling from abroad, or staying overnight please contact me for accommodation options/details.

If anyone needs a floor to crash on because of budget restraints, my place is big enough for, well, all of you!!

Formal accommodation will be arranged a short distance from the city centre (15-20mins from Z1) in a place where we can all go for a reasonably priced drink/meal together. I'm going to canvas for budgetary requirements and I'll research and find a suitable option, whether it be B&B or 5* Hotel.

There will be a loose itinerary which will be subject to change, but I'll work with Hertz and Lensmeister to make a walking/bussing/tube route which covers the "proper" sights and a couple of unusual ones as well.

Who's coming:
Lensmeister - Saturday.
LaFoto - Most likely
Hertz - Hopefully
doenoe - Hopefully
MommyOf4Boys - Subject to flights, hotels, and family.
tempra - Subject to family commitments.
Archangel - Probably
PlasticSpanner - Definitely
nitefly - Hopefully
Rob - Definitely
Duncanp - Probably
lostprophet - Definitely
Mentos - Hopefully
bigfatbadger - Hopefully
Simon - Probably
fate - Possibly
Ian_W - Hopefully

Rob said:
This meetup WILL be happening in LONDON on SEPTEMBER 2nd and 3rd.

Those travelling from abroad, or staying overnight please contact me for accommodation options/details.

There will be a loose itinerary which will be subject to change, but I'll work with Hertz and Lensmeister to make a walking/bussing/tube route which covers the "proper" sights and a couple of unusual ones as well.

Who's coming:
Lensmeister - Saturday.
LaFoto - Most likely
Hertz - Hopefully
doenoe - Hopefully
MommyOf4Boys - Subject to flights, hotels, and family.
tempra - Subject to family commitments.
Archangel - Probably
PlasticSpanner - Definitely
nitefly - Hopefully
Rob - Definitely
Duncanp - Probably
lostprophet - Definitely
Mentos - Hopefully
bigfatbadger - Hopefully
Simon - Probably
fate - Possibly
Ian_W - Hopefully

Ok anyone needing travel info on the Railways let me know. I have the latest times tables on my office computer and I have the most recent fare info on it too.

Let's make the UK meet ups the Best in the world ... after all we started the TPF Salute .... ;)

Most reactions

Back