UK meetup Day 2 - special day for a few :-)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Sunday it were Mataji, Hertz, my sister and I - and later Scurra came back up from Kent to join us. We had another wonderful day together in Saffron Walden, a lovely little place called Thaxted, not too far from Saffron Walden, and in Finchingfield, where we had wanted to go on Saturday, only to end up in the TOTALLY different direction. We could not have been more wrong then :D.

So here are a couple of mine taken on Sunday, second day of the meet-up:

015_Krhe.jpg

A bird that is hardly known to anyone who comes to TPF regularly, and neither is it known that many want to capture such bird in a graveyard, preferably sitting on a cross caw-cawing away. This one was caw-cawing all right but simply refused to "come downstairs" to these....

016_FriedhofThaxted.jpg

...graves that were right below it!!!
Part of the church and the old churchyard in Thaxted

013_Christiane.jpg

Christiane aka LaFoto'sSister checking out photo opportunities in Thaxted - you could also say she's walking into my picture............. :meh: :lmao:

014_KircheFinchingfield.jpg

Church and graveyard in Finchingfield

And then there was this beautifully restored Morris Isis parked in Finchingfield and we almost fell over ourselves in our attempts to photograph it from all sides and angles and catching our reflections in the sparkling, shiny mud wings:
017_MorrisIsisBewunderer.jpg

018_WillIever.jpg

019_MorrisIsisInnen.jpg

And then it was time to leave a good many new friends, England, Stanstead Airport and a wonderful weekend behind and fly out into the setting sun...

020_LookingBack.jpg

nice pics Lafoto! looks like a great time shooting and sharing :D
thanks for sharing your experinces with us :)

I now see that there is one part for Saturday and one part for Sunday.
On Sunday I took these. Really I took many more. I show these, I think I cannot put up so many:

012_Corinnahertz.jpg

What are they looking at?

This!
013_MhleinThaxted.jpg

It is the windmill in Thaxted.

014_MeetingScurraAgain.jpg

We meet Scurra again in the Saffron Hotel.

015_Exhausted.jpg

Corinna is exhausted, I think.

016_MorrisIsis.jpg

This is the nice old car. It was very shiny.

017_PerfectReflection.jpg

Everybody made photos in the mirror - this car was a mirror everywhere. All parts were a mirror.
In this photo you can see the car owner in his pink shirt and Hertz, Scurra, Corinna, myself and Mataji.

Some pics of the second day also when it was just a few of us

20768ta.jpg

21277kl.jpg

21401la.jpg

21445lm.jpg

21373nc.jpg

This is so funny: I think we all have a photo of the man clipping his hedge. I have one, Christiane has one, you apparently have one :).

I also have a couple of nice ones from the landscapes and houses we saw, but maybe those can go in an extra thread? I'm not sure...

Just a couple more
One to get my own back on LaFoto :greenpbl:
(Captions for what PlasticSpanner is thinking, please)
And one of Mataji to prove that us old-timers don't need any of this new fangled Photoshop rubbish. We can do it in the camera.

And as everyone else has posted their picture of the most photographed girl on TPF I thought I would add mine.

I do have a little video footage of us in the pub (naturally) and as soon as I can find the connector to load it on to my laptop... and work out how to post video clips then I will get it posted. Help and advice please.

Attachments

• $Mentos.jpg
    $Mentos.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 402
Great set of photos from day 2 as well! I'm so glad that the meetup went well!

Wow, looks like a blast and great photo's to boot. Like so many other's here, I sure wish I was there also. Guess we just have to live the experience through your posts. Glad to see everyone is haveing a great time.

Teacher! Teacher! Hertz is putting Day 1-photos into the Day 2-thread! What will you do to him now????

And teacher, he is putting up nasty photos of myself.
What have I ever done to him?
I am still PLANNING to do something to him...........!!!!

OK now yer talkin my language!
i spent a year in that neck of the woods around Thaxted. On a teaching exchange. Lived in a small village called Steeple Bumpstead (not a typo!) near Haverhill and Saffron Walden; beautiful country around there. Thanks for the memories. :)

Finchingfield.....very cool spot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back