UK meetup Day 2 - special day for a few :-)

Wow, some really great photos! It looks like a lovely place to visit and that you had good weather!

Sister of mine, do you hear me? Haven't you got any photos of our day in Thaxted and Finchingfield that you want to show here? Buildings, churches, countryside, windmills?

Now I am tired.
Maybe I have some time tomorrow.
Corinna always says I must come and post photos and look at photos and answer - I have too much work! After work I am tired.
I also have to work tomorrow. But before Corinna phones me again to ask, I shall try to send some pictures from Thaxted and Finchingfield.

yeah you should try... or Corinna will molest you so you won't share the pics with us with pleasure... :D

Gah my shots of day 2 are in Harrow and i'm in Kent.. i'll post some when I get back in 2 weeks time if you're still interested (oh and yes I got a picture of the chap clipping his hedge too).

wow, thanks Graham for the mention. nice to know we came to mind!

It's worrying how much crow spotting was going on Jon, in the end we had to resort to the flag because real ones were proving to tricky to get out of the trees. I'll be sure to take a bag of fresh eyeballs next time I'm near a grave yard and see if I can tempt them down :s

Never mind, Scurra. We'll still be here in two weeks time! I sure will still be interested!

But where is that sister of mine who promised to send in more of HER photos from Day 2???? Must get to the phone, I think, also to find out if her films were back today. For if not... then the earliest next chance to get them is next TUESDAY! My nerves! Oh, my nerves! ;););)

Bad news: this computerphobic, or rather internetforumphobic sister of mine (uh-oh, if she reads this, I'll be in trouble!) did NOT post her digital photos of Day 2 on Saturday, like she had promised... what methods of tele-torture do you people know? What can I do to her now?

Good news: her films were back on Saturday, I phoned her up to ask, and she sent a parcel my way this morning. By tomorrow around 11 a.m. it should have arrived, then I can start scanning... and I am SURE, absolutely POSITIVE, that there are a good many really, really good ones among them!

(She never ordered a CD right with the prints, says €3,99 per CD with 6 films is way too expensive, over €20.- extra? No. Her sister can better scan the lot for her - phew! ;). But I will do so! I will! :D)

Still no photos of Day 2 here, either :(

Though there is some good in that. If my Christiane does not come here, she cannot find this sentence about her being an "internetforumphobic sister" ;)...

Sorry, I am having a monologue with myself in this thread, or so it seems, but:

The phonecall has come.
The one in which Christiane is asking me to please! put up the remaining unposted photos in her stead. She says that with her work going (she's in counselling - alcohol abuse primarily - I do understand why that can lead to overtime, work that you take home with you in your head and all that!) she can't be sure she's back on before the weekend, and these threads are getting "cold", sort of (though we must keep them alive till Scurra's back from Switzerland!!!!), so that is why.

So take this and the following posts as something that has been sent in by

LaFoto'sSister
No longer a newbie, moving up!

reputation_pos.gif

In Thaxted

27_Thaxted.jpg

26_Radrennen_PolizeiFotograf.jpg

28_Radrennen_Fotograf.jpg

Policemen and the official photographer of the bicycle race that went through Thaxted when Vixenta, Hertz, Christiane and I were there in the morning - and we just couldn't have that HUGE lens be there "unchallenged" (i.e. unphotographed :)).

30_KircheinThaxted.jpg

Church in Thaxted with the wide-angle lens.

What is the technical term for the fact that the sides of buildings seem to be falling into the picture when you use a wide-angle lens?

29_BinkeineKrhe.jpg

"Hey, what is that for? I might be sitting on a cross, but am I a crow? Well, am I? Am I?"

JonMikal should take a close look at this one, he might as yet recognise this one as a crow! ;)

31_DiskussionsstoffohneEnde.jpg

There is always something to be discussed! Always!

32_BeiderArbeit.jpg

Christiane called this one "At Work" ;).

All these are scans from her prints.
She did post her digital photos from Thaxted before, didn't she... Boy, there are so many photos up about our Meet-Up by now... I am even getting confused with OURS, i.e. Christiane's and mine! :roll:

I wonder if anyone's still coming to really LOOK at these threads? Are we milking them to death here?

LaFoto'sSister
No longer a newbie, moving up!

reputation_pos.gif

In Finchingfield

(Film/scanned print and digital)

33_FinchingfieldSchild.jpg

34_FinchingfieldSchild2.jpg

35_FinchingfieldMhle.jpg

A slightly different take on the mill and the white houses, but I can tell you that also Christiane has taken one photo of the very typical view of this part of the village (cf. Hertz's photo for that very view)

36_FinchingfieldCafs.jpg

37_Finchingfield_HuserKabel.jpg

I am sure Christiane likes this one because of the wires leading to the houses... At least I like it for that fact! :)

38_FinchingfieldKirche.jpg

39_Krhensuche.jpg

She captioned this one with "'So many crosses! And not ONE crow in sight???' - Crow-hunters."

Hecke.jpg

One that must not miss in our collection: Christiane's take at the man who clipped his hedge :D

MhleFinchingfield.jpg

And another different approach at the white windmill of Finchingfield

And what would our visit to this place have been without this little treasure?

MorrisIsis.jpg

Khlertemperatur.jpg

My, these are getting too many. Couple more of our second visit to Thaxted (WITH Scurra!) and of our going home later (must prepare lunch...).

I hope some still come and enjoy these !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Looks like a great time was had by all
thanks for sharing all your photos
Pam

yeah thanks Corinna for sharing them! I was curious what you were doing during the Day 2. and there's no better evidence than pictures, isn't it? :D

Most reactions

Back