Ultra-wide angle in fashion photography

That is nice... seems composition is very very touchy with wide angle lenses. Looks like a common formula is keep the head distant (get down low) and centered horizontally which means less distortion in the facial features. Accentuates and elongates the models sexy legs.

I have to stop looking for the "like" button on here...

Anyway, those shots were great! Thanks for posting!! They're creative, edgy, interesting...those are the kind of shots I aspire to capture some day.

I'd like to ask - how did you know he used a wide angle lens? Is it the "look" or something else? I'm not trying to be snotty, I'm just curious...and still learning. ;-)

Super wide is particularly handy when you want a HUGE plane of focus. I've got a short lens on my 4x5 that will put things two feet away and 15 feet away in the same plane. It's pretty amazing sometimes. Makes hyperfocal distances pretty negligible in a lot of instances.

I'd like to ask - how did you know he used a wide angle lens? Is it the "look" or something else? I'm not trying to be snotty, I'm just curious...and still learning. ;-)
Hard to explain... I just know that they're really wide. You get used to certain looks. I learned to photograph before there were zoom lenses, and once you've spent a month with a 28mm, or a 35mm or a 50mm, you just know what they look like.

That is different, nice change for wide angle.

Most reactions

Back