umm, these pictures aren't really related to eachother

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't share anything in a while so here are a few shots I like to share, comment and critique would be great! Thanks and all these were shot on Kodak Z710

1)
july282008071edited4x5.jpg

2)
july282008072edited4x5.jpg

3)
july282008139edited4x5.jpg

4)
july282008143edited4x5.jpg

5)
425.jpg

I really like #4. :thumbup:

bump=) you can be critical you know!

It helps to spell that out in the original post! ;)

C&C Per req:

1. Appears to be a quickly executed snap-shot. It's slightly over-exposed, and and has a green caste.

2. Much better; even exposure, and more realistic skin tones.

3. Cute, slightly over-exposed; his right sleeve has disapeared, and while I don't know if the sense of movement was accidental or intentional, I rather like it.

4. Nice, but would have been waiting just a second or two until the person at image right was clear of the young girl (who I assume is the subject). I'd like to see the darker areas brightened up just a little (1/3 - 1/2 stop).

5. Fine

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

thanks for the detailed critiques tirediron and everyone else, it was very helpful. The the third and fourth shot were my second attempts at panning, and yes, the girl was the the subject in the fourth picture. More critiques would be great, thanks guys.

Hey there. I have opened this thread a few times and haven't really felt the right words to get out. The first two appear almost like mugshots.. the background doesn't convey anything neither does her expression. In the first, the highlights are out of control. The second has color issues.

The third is tough because I see what you are excited about in this, but it doesnt' work. The peace sign and the ice skating and the whirling background.. very good ideas... but the execution was poor. The light was very bad, and the exposure wasn't great. Did you handhold this at a very low shutter?

The forth I think I like the best... but its still got so many exposure and lighting issues.

The fifth is just a graduation snapshot. Nothing spectacular or noteworthy about it.

I hope that wasn't too harsh and you take it for what its worth :)

Hey there. I have opened this thread a few times and haven't really felt the right words to get out. The first two appear almost like mugshots.. the background doesn't convey anything neither does her expression. In the first, the highlights are out of control. The second has color issues.

The third is tough because I see what you are excited about in this, but it doesnt' work. The peace sign and the ice skating and the whirling background.. very good ideas... but the execution was poor. The light was very bad, and the exposure wasn't great. Did you handhold this at a very low shutter?

The forth I think I like the best... but its still got so many exposure and lighting issues.

The fifth is just a graduation snapshot. Nothing spectacular or noteworthy about it.

I hope that wasn't too harsh and you take it for what its worth :)

Hi, I understand the the first two shots wasn't ver well pose and I know the first one was overexpose and look kind of funny but I kinda of like it so I figure put it on here to see what others with more experiences think of them.

The third one was by panning and so was the fourth one. Both was shot at a low shutter speed of around 1/40. I'm not so sure what you mean by poor lighting, I mean I khow that you don't like it but how would you done it differently is what I'm asking or at least what is wrong with this lighting.

Yes, the fifth one was taken at my graduation and it wasn't really planned ahead or anything but I didn't think it came out bad. So yeah, just let me know what you meant by poor lighting, that would be a great help, thanks.

Most reactions

Back