Unblur Photos??

MCPorche

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see anything about this. At a recent press event, Adobe introduced a new feature coming to Photoshop....the "unblur" tool. Could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look up Topaz Labs' "InFocus". It claims exraordinary things...The plugin works best on small files, and directional blur, rather than purely OOF images.

Isnt this on their new CS5.5 ?

This is pretty amazing. If they market it right and make it available in elements, could be a cash cow

pretty cool. I think I would use it to help add DOF to some shots.

So basically it's an plugin that uses some advanced algorithms to find out how the camera moved, and then undo this movement, sort of, and bring get images nice and sharp. I assume this won't work on motion in the subject, just camera motion due to low shutter speeds or extremely shaky hands.

Adobe unveils new 'unblur' technology | News | TechRadar UK

Pretty convenient, a lot of delete material might be able to save. Although camera shake is a rookie mistake it happens to all of us. Maybe we left the tripod back home, maybe we decided we didn't need IS on our new tele zoom. Either way, this might prove nice in the future. Unknown when it'll be implemented into a PS version, perhaps CS6, perhaps not even until CS7. The current state of the plugin is "early prototype"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. I wonder about the 'pre-loaded' presets that they had for each individual photo, but something like this could be awesome...especially for the occasional grab shot with a cell phone.

Thanks for sharing. Nice find.

Reminds me a lot of the "de-blur" software that Topaz were sporting a few months back and wasn't anywhere near as good as marketing and demo options displayed. I think Adobe will be better simply as they have far more reputation riding on this (you don't stay market leader for long if you can't live up to your own hype) though I'll wait and see how effective it is for general use.

*merging with existing thread in Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery*

It was called InFocus.

Example:

5200278190_6ef5ba9ba0_b.jpg

iPhone image, at night. Can you find the line from the original, and the InFocus plugin?

^ Is it diagonal? Top right to bottom left, with the lower half as the original?

So I can permanently turn off VRII!?
badteeth.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back