www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
underthebridge6.jpg

underthebridge2.jpg

underthebridge3.jpg

underthebridge4.jpg

those are all very dark and somewhat morbid haha

ha ha yeah kinda. they somewhat make me feel uncomfortable, like something is really wrong. it just may be the intense contrast

The sky is too hot, you're losing some details such as parts of the lamps.

yA I know the sky is hot. Its very hot.. so hot in fact its white.
It was whit like that all day... no detail to bring out.
So isaid screw it and made them completely white in pp and brought all the attention to the road itslef and its form instead of the pretty sky and trees.
If i could have cloned out all the trees and natural elements I would have and actually would have preferred nothing natural in these photos at all. but you deal with what is available.

I wasn't concerned witht he lamps being visible or anything else other than the roadway ( bridges)
Thanks for bringing the lamps to my attention though... Ill make sure to remove them completely from my master files.

If i could have cloned out all the trees and natural elements I would have and actually would have preferred nothing natural in these photos at all.
The one lone plant in the foreground in #2 really works with the image I think.

I'm a big fan of your other work that this series is so different but retains hints of many of the elements that you bring to your other photos and works.

That being said, I think the strongest images of the 4 you have here are 2 and 3 and that's because the curves really make a statement on their own artistically beyond the message I think you're trying to convey with these.

I think the debris on the ground in the first and fourth also make a statement that may be intentional or perhaps not.

Of all of these along with your statement that only the bridges matter, the message I get is "Come hell or high water, men will rise above everything, regardless of how ugly it might be to get there."

For me its the fact there is even a kind of stark and subtle beauty in the cold impersonal landscapes and structures of the modern world. Concrete paths held aloft by concrete trees. Their bland gray appearance is most appropriate for those moving too fast to notice its fragile complexity.
The few trees and remnants of the natural word are but stragglers not yet flattened by concrete and steel foundations.

Most reactions

Back