Under the city

julius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These shots were taken in the rivulet that goes under the centre of the city of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.

Any comments or critique is very much appreciated

5x43bco.jpg

4kxy93q.jpg

4qspd2w.jpg

I love the grit

Thanks for looking :wink:

The first and third one.... :thumbsup:

Wow!!! Super creepy B/W's...love em'!!!

Nice clarity and comp's

well done
garrentee

Whoa. All three are very, very impressive.
At first I thought about the panorama crop and the colour: that looks good.
Then I scrolled and saw the gritty b&w and went further: Whoa-whoa. Good, too!
And then I came to the third ... and now I am typing my praise furiously!
They are wonderfully gritty and I love the lighting, the graffiti, the lines, the reflections on damp ground, the effects of long exposure about them. GOOD!

Wow, fantastic detail..

No 2 and 3 are my favs. love those b&w's

Nice find! A vote for #2 and #3 for me too please. I especially like #3 because it says "underwear"....not sure why.

these are amazing their is no other words....very good job

these are great !!!

I wish I could find something like this.. Good find..

Nice find! A vote for #2 and #3 for me too please. I especially like #3 because it says "underwear"....not sure why.

I lol'ed at #3 also :p

these pics are all really great. I love #1

For some reason, Phantom of the Opera comes to mind. Great shots and I'm assuming all the light comes from what's been wired into the place. Is it safe down there?

amazing shots. i love the curves of the third one and the vibrant colors of the first!

Wow, thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it.

For some reason, Phantom of the Opera comes to mind. Great shots and I'm assuming all the light comes from what's been wired into the place. Is it safe down there?

Yes, all the light down there was artificial. Although there were spots where they'd been knocked out and there would be a few hundred meters of pitch black. Was very exciting.

As for whether it's safe, I felt pretty comfortable down there, although funnily enough there weren't many others. Apparently a lot of the homeless sleep down there when they can't find any other shelter for the night.

Sadly we did come across two 11 year old kids about a km into it. They were lighting fires and spraying paint on it, drinking whiskey and sniffing glue. A mate of mine got a good shot of them but mine was very poor. We left them and continued on our way up the rivulet, and about 10 minutes later we saw that they were following us up in the shadows. We told them we could see them and they came out wielding fairly large knives. They never intended on hurting us. I had a chat with both of em as we walked up and they put the knives back in their pockets. They were pretty rough but were nice kids. Although after that, they felt the need to jump in front of every single frame we tried to take.

6cpj034.jpg

Most reactions

Back