Underexposed?

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these shots using the "sky brothers"

on a vibant blue sky, I think these look under exposed, akthough I can tweak it in photoshop but I would rather getting it correct in the first place..
sure its got a good dynamic range but yeah...
IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

yes, they are underexposed.
check your camera shooting mode (auto, program, shutter, aperture, manual); check your metering mode, personally, i find matrix (whole scene) isn't accurate, but thats me, and check your camera settings - iso, shutter speed, aperture, ev-compensation.
if you got Qs, ask away or PM
good luck

Sky Brothers is better used for sunny days, or back lit sunrises, or most other blue sky days.

It looks as though you have some neutral gray up in those clouds, which is good. I would have shot with spot meter directed at the gray and used that as a baseline.

Shooting mode: manual
Metering: Spot metering
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/8
Shutter: 1/250
Ligthng: the sky was actually really clear blue sky at the part I metered from
I set my aperture then adjusted my shutter until the arrow was under the 0 on EV
(whilst pointing to the clear part of the sky)

You should be metering off the same area you are shooting since your camera is measuring the reflected light of your subject to set your exposure (or tell you what to set it at base on your meter indicator).
If you were to use a gray card, you wouldn't hold it so the light was hitting it differently then what was hitting your subject would you?

Most reactions

Back