Understanding my 100-400 zoom

Discussion in 'Photo Assignments & Technical Challenges' started by jcdeboever, Jul 3, 2017.

1. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What does it do different, reversed?

2. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

I am not sure about the Canon 77 close up lens. It looks like it's a diopter lens.

If your interested in macro you can also get rings to reverse your lens to camera! As well as lens to lens adapter rings. The combinations gives you different life size reproductions on the sensor. Depending on lenses and what's used. Of course these are all money saving techniques used instead of buying an expensive long macro lens.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

What does it do different, reversed?[/QUOTE]
    With the lens mentioned originally and with the Nikon 6-T reversed, flatness of field at close-up range seems to be improved over non-reversed. Please read carefully that I mentioned performance on the 100-400 might be better with the 500D reversed. Regardless, the 500D is the current best close-up lens in current production, and it *will* give high-quality results just screwed on to the filter threads of the 100-400 lens. The reversing ring ought to be like $6-$8, so it's not a big outlay.

• Like Like x 1