underwater camera??

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am going on holiday and i will be doing some snorkeling/scuba diving

i want advice on underwater camera.... cheap cos its a holiday thing :)

maybe even disposable

cheers

cannot help here -- but .... bump

Look on Ebay for Nikonos II or Nikonos III 35mm cameras. They usually go for less than $100, and you can even attach a flash (if you want to spring for an underwater strobe) and other accessories. You might want to do some research. Some of the lenses are underwater only, some air only, and then there are some that do either. It normally comes with a 35mm lens that works in both air and underwater. Those underwater disposables are kind of expensive, particularly if you by them at the tourist traps. It doesn't take long to add up to more than a Nikonos II costs, and the Nikonos has a better lens, and looks way cool like a James Bond camera.

Nikonos II or Nikonos III 35mm cameras.

Thanks mate,

i will want a good quality camera eventually, im having Diving lessons and will obviously want to take some good pictures... but money is a little light just now... with the holiday to cuba, the diving etc

so just for the next few weeks/dives i think i will get a couple of disposables... apparently 1 can get 2 for £10 at the moment?

if i get some good shots i will post them ;)

I'm going to be trying out the (no longer manufactured) Polaroid Splash II:

http://www.concord-camera.com/uploadedFiles/Splash%20II%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

You can find it for as little as $20 US. It is a focus free 2 element lens 35mm camera, with an under water housing good through 65ft./20m. They were so cheap, I bought two of them for our trip to the Caribbean. They haven't arrived yet, but at that price, I couldn't resist trying them out.

I'll post how well they work in about a month.

As for the disposables, I've always had quite a bit of distortion with them (especially at the periphery). Some of the pictures come out nice, but quite a few are only nice in a "holga-esque" way. Try one out and get the pictures developed before you do your vacation dive to see if the brand you use is acceptable.

Most reactions

Back