Underwater Mountains, need some advice

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
The various fires burning across the west right now are giving us a lot of haze this summer. I think sometimes this haze plus partial cloud cover give the mountains an "underwater" look. I can't get the levels etc right though. I worked on this one quite a bit but I'm still not satisfied. Any hints, tricks or suggestions would be welcome. You are welcome to repost this with changes if you would like.

DSC06020e_ed2_re650.jpg

I have actually come across this before and i have had success with the dodge and burn tool in photoshop to expose a bit more detail, worth a try.

I did use dodge and burn already quite a bit. I found it I used the dodge tool much more it looked even more hazy (lost detail) and I lost some of the sense of depth that I like here. I'll try it a little more.

what you're looking for will be better accomplished if you posted the original unedited image of the same size with an OTE. we could give it a go and repost. if you see one similar to what you're looking to get from it, the user will provide their process. just a suggestion.

Might be a bit dark, one of monitors is being a bugger today. But I would make a curve adjustment layer, Create a small S curve in the blue channel and a very slight s curve in the red channel to bring back the greens. New levels adjustment layer to play with the contrast a tad or a new curve layer just on the RGB channel.

DSC06020reunedit2.jpg

Most reactions

Back