Undulations

kap55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't do many B&W conversions, but this one seemed to suit. Town is Steptoe Washington.

20170614_17-32-28_v2-XL.jpg

Can't put my finger on exactly what, but there is something very appealing about this image.

For me, it's all about the lines. I find it appealing that there's a repetition without perfect symmetry. The buildings in the town break that smooth wave pattern with sharper angles, and yet it is still harmonious with the hills/lines around it. The black and white conversion highlights the graphic, textural nature of the shot.

It's almost a bit surreal, it looks like a tiny toy town in a sandbox, sort of. I like it.

!!!
While the scroll on the screen seemed to me the image of the waves of the sea ....
... Fantastic!

Very good and very original

The village of Lilliput in the middle of the sea

Thanks for all comments

I really like the feel of the image. It almost feels like a small town surrounded by a painting. Surreal meets real.

Like. Still makes me wonder if as a viewer i am being shortchanged and how it was in color.

Dizzyingly fantastic!

Initially it looked like a town in the middle of a desert of sand dunes rather than hillocks. I like the image a lot. One doesn't think of Western Washington as a scenic place but there are great landscapes everywhere. It just takes a good eye to find them.

Wonderful render. Very interesting.

Better send that town the flood response team.

Great shot. Black and White makes the shot.

Most reactions

Back