Unexpected Company

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Spent Easter Sunday at my parents home, along with my brother and sister and thier families, always a lot to eat and very relaxing. Picture wise, the view from the deck over looks Lake Superior to the west and I was hoping to get a sunset with the ice breaking up and all kinds of reflections and colours. Of course mother nature would not co-operate and it became overcast and dull by sunset. There was a small thin line of red poking through the clouds so I went out to try a couple shots and when I looked down the beach I noticed these guys hanging around a couple doors down. The light was crappy and the quality pales compared to the great shots on this site, but I thought I would share these any way.

4439201b.jpg

a60f7498.jpg

bfedf80b.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

I love it!! You were brave to get that close to them. For some reason I am scared of deer. I'm not sure if thats normal or not, but I would never get that close! Great pics!!

Very nice images. Don't you hate when great photo ops happen when the light is not at its best. You did manage to get some very nice pics despite the lighting.

Eric

Wow you able to get that close without spooking them, amazing. I quess the new growth of green grass over rode thier instincts to flee.

lizheaemma, it is Pointe Louise, you are not far off at all.

Allsmiles7282, these deer have made it a habit of going right on the deck of my Moms and the neighbours homes to clean out the bird feeders. My parents went as far as putting the feeders on the clothes line, only to have the deer stand on thier hind legs and knock them down. Cruzin, they must be quite comfortable, I didnt spook them one bit.

photo gal, he may have been talking back to me, I have a habit of talking to the animals(dont tell anyone)

Thanks AIRIC, the whole time I was shooting, thoughts of you great shots were running through my head. With the house and the trees on the east side, morning shots are out of the question, but I may spend a few evenings trying to get a couple shots with the setting sun.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Wanted to add one more, uncropped to show how close these guys let you get. ;)

503764fd.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back