Unhappy with my setup

^I'm definitely at the point on the blue curve that is at the bottom. "Dammit I suck". Hopefully that thing holds true.

To the OP, why don't you do the switch already? This is the 3rd thread of yours I think I've seen complaining about your results with the Oly. Why do you continue to ask people..."Well, I think I want to switch, all I ever get is crappy out of focus images". PM me the info on the lenses you have for it. I may be interested in buying one if you want to sell one separately.
It's pretty accurate. I'm progressing quickly as I'm at the "found an old film camera" milestone.

^I'm definitely at the point on the blue curve that is at the bottom. "Dammit I suck". Hopefully that thing holds true.

To the OP, why don't you do the switch already? This is the 3rd thread of yours I think I've seen complaining about your results with the Oly. Why do you continue to ask people..."Well, I think I want to switch, all I ever get is crappy out of focus images". PM me the info on the lenses you have for it. I may be interested in buying one if you want to sell one separately.
It's pretty accurate. I'm progressing quickly as I'm at the "found an old film camera" milestone.

lulz. I guess that's what I need to start shopping for. I was actually looking around for some old as **** antique thing that wasn't worth a **** and try and do something cool with it. But that didn't last very long. Maybe the search will be revived given this information that has come to light.

He's got a kit 14-42 and a $8 50mm f1.8. If the dude want's to drop some cash to make a difference, he should get a $200 E-1 and learn how to take a photograph. Spending cash on a completely new body/lens combo would just be silly.

*sigh* Yes, I am responding to myself. May I refer the OP to a thread the OP created a while back:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...allery/184391-post-your-olympus-pictures.html

Gear lust is an expensive and dangerous path. Master your gear and you will find happiness. Or at least a good pic or two.

id rather buy the best body lens combo i can afford and master it ( i dont want to master my oly setup if someone was going to respond that way) than spend 200$ then buy a new body/lens combo later

You'll run into limitations with the XSi, and "affordable" lenses.
Trust me.

The matter may have already been decided, but for what its worth, I have shot with an E-510 for the last year, and have an OM 50mm f/1.8. If you are using the viewfinder to manually focus, then you are wasting your time at f/1.8 or f/2.8.

However, Olympus has the wonderful option of live view: compose your image, select your point of focus, zoom in 7x or 10x, and fine tune, then release the shutter. Once you practice this technique, you can achieve some fabulous shots with the OM glass. You can check my flickr photostream for proof of that.

The E-1, E-30, and E-3 all have much larger viewfinders comparable in magnification, coverage and brightness to film SLRs, in which the OM glass is much easier to manually focus.

If manual lenses arent your thing, then like others have suggested, the ZD 50mm f/2 is an excellent choice. That lens is razor sharp, fast, weatherproof, does 1:2 macros, and is relatively cheap for what it does. If you are considering a different body in another brand, you might better use that money on an excellent lens! If you still decided to switch, you would be able to sell the ZD 50 for most of its value very easily.

I am getting long winded, so I will end with this: any camera is only as good as the glass you put in front of it, I am sure users of all brands can agree on that...

I concur with that C-Towner guy.

Check out his Flickr stream.
Great stuff!

lulz. I guess that's what I need to start shopping for. I was actually looking around for some old as **** antique thing that wasn't worth a **** and try and do something cool with it. But that didn't last very long. Maybe the search will be revived given this information that has come to light.
I've bid on at least 3 EOS 1N RS's on eBay so far. I will get one eventually. :) I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. It will go nicely with my 1D.

I've bid on at least 3 EOS 1N RS's on eBay so far. I will get one eventually. :) I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. It will go nicely with my 1D.

Yea, I was looking around on craigslist for something old and decrepit and was going to carry it around with me on new years eve and try and make a cool little old timey looking photoset. Unfortunately, I never got around to it. I found a few things around 50 - 75 bucks.

Most reactions

Back