Uniform background

martinez_81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
Would someone give me some tips on how to create a uniform background. For example I have been trying to achieve equally white background, but the back is darker than the bottom (where the object sits). Also the join between the two pieces of white paper is visible. How to make the background uniform please help?

Cheers

well, of course you need sort of even light. coming from more than one direction, depending on the shape of the object

Also the join between the two pieces of white paper is visible.

this can be avoided if you only use one long sheet, which you bend, then you get a smooth transition from horizontal to vertical and it appears more uniform.

If you don't want to spend big bucks, then build this. Use two lights (one on each side, but be sure they are the exact same type), for super even coverage. Spot meter for the object. If it's dark enough, then if you get the exposure right for the object, the background will blow out and be an even white throughout.

If all else fails, then post-process it to separate the foreground from the background, and clip the background's histogram.

I normally just handle it in Photoshop. A couple of clicks and it's done.

If you don't want to spend big bucks, then build this. Use two lights (one on each side, but be sure they are the exact same type), for super even coverage. Spot meter for the object. If it's dark enough, then if you get the exposure right for the object, the background will blow out and be an even white throughout.

If all else fails, then post-process it to separate the foreground from the background, and clip the background's histogram.

That's the one I was looking for. Just create a little 'tent' and off you go.
Cheers:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back