Union Covered bridge

bikefreax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P2223653_filtered.jpg

Give me your thoughts. Should it be brighter?

Last edited:
Nice shot. If you don't mind relatively unenlightened comments, I don't think it should be brighter, but I'd try setting the white and black points, if you haven't. If you have, I'd try boosting local contrast with curves layers.

On edit: I set the white and black points and added one anorexic curves layer. This isn't optimum but it convinces me that the overall brightness is fine.

Forumshot.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by setting the white and black points? IN photoshop?

I'm fairly sure he means the levels? Changing the values of the darkest darks and the lightest lights.

I always forget about the curves. Here is my latest attempt.

P2223653_filtered-1.jpg

Much better.

I use Corel, not Photoshop, but you can set the white and black points with a levels layer or a curves layer. For the white point, move the cursor on the right side of the histogram until it reaches the point where the histogram quits flatlining and starts rising. Do the same on the left side of the histogram for the black point. If you do it right, your darkest spot will be black and your brightest spot will be white. I only learned this about six weeks ago. It makes a big difference.

p.jpg

Saturated & darkened your blues.

Beautiful photo! Great lighting and fantastic sky.

Since everyone else is playing, something a little different....

3304697181_ee4444e43e_o.jpg

first picture works for me though

just messing around with it

bnm.jpg

Dont like that one. Looks like it has halos around the trees. Man I never thought I would get this much attention. I did not think the original was that bad.
Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Back