TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
crop0051.jpg

Tri-X souped in HC-110 "b"

Well, I only see the photo as is, the "making of" and make of film say little to me (silly digital photographer who I have become in the course of time), but I must say: couldn't you have obtained some more contrasts, maybe, more real blacks and real whites and less grey all over? I so wish to see this one quite contrasty! Don't know what you would have needed to do differently in the development process, but ... that's my immediate idea here.

But better only listen to those who KNOW what they're doing when the pursue their photography, who know about film and their makes, and about developer fluids and their characteristics ... since I don't ... not the first thing about it. Sorry. :oops: (I wish I did, though).

Well, I only see the photo as is, the "making of" and make of film say little to me (silly digital photographer who I have become in the course of time), but I must say: couldn't you have obtained some more contrasts, maybe, more real blacks and real whites and less grey all over? I so wish to see this one quite contrasty! Don't know what you would have needed to do differently in the development process, but ... that's my immediate idea here.

But better only listen to those who KNOW what they're doing when the pursue their photography, who know about film and their makes, and about developer fluids and their characteristics ... since I don't ... not the first thing about it. Sorry. :oops: (I wish I did, though).

Well yes and no. I could have pushed the film a bit that would increase contrast. Assuming your monitor is calibrated properly, I felt the flag itself was very contrasty and didn't feel the need to P.P the rest in PS.

Most reactions

Back