Unique/Odd/Different Compositions

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We are all familiar with basic compositions that usually are found in successful photographs; The landscapes with horizontal horizons, the portraits with proper crop, not cropping people at the knees, "rule of thirds", leveraging perspective etc..

How about post some photos that might not conform to the usual in regards to composition.

I'll start...

This photo of my son playing on the beach with a shovel. It started out as a portraiture but for some reason I decided to try something different. I am totally not sure why I changed things up at the last moment... perhaps it was my attempt to bring the viewer to the action rather than the typical kid shot. A focus on his arms, hands and how they grip the plastic shovel. Yeh... it isn't normal to crop a subject's body but for some reason this frame stuck out. Not convinced it is a successful photo but I like it for some odd reason.

Attachments

• $L1001774.jpg
    $L1001774.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 151
Oh..

When I first looked at this thread, your photo wasn't loading and timed out. All I saw was a "?". Its loading now.

Nice use of a profile... very cute.

Yes it counts... The web forms a "fake" perspective with langles that make the centered subject effective. I like it. I do see a little lens flare (I think) in the upper left...

Nice shot thanks for postin....

We are all familiar with basic compositions that usually are found in successful photographs; The landscapes with horizontal horizons, the portraits with proper crop, not cropping people at the knees, "rule of thirds", leveraging perspective etc..

How about post some photos that might not conform to the usual in regards to composition.

I'll start...

This photo of my son playing on the beach with a shovel. It started out as a portraiture but for some reason I decided to try something different. I am totally not sure why I changed things up at the last moment... perhaps it was my attempt to bring the viewer to the action rather than the typical kid shot. A focus on his arms, hands and how they grip the plastic shovel. Yeh... it isn't normal to crop a subject's body but for some reason this frame stuck out. Not convinced it is a successful photo but I like it for some odd reason.

I LOVE THE IMAGE! Its fantastic. I love when photographers think outside the box and break away from the norm. :D

While not nearly as artistic, here's picture of my daughter that is centered and tilted. She was acting goofy on the playscape, so I was taking pictures at all kinds of angles. I find my head tilting when I look at this one.

2850396730_def87670bc_b.jpg

How about this one?? It's also posted in "B&W", but I guess it 'fits' here too?? What do you think?

TheBWDoors.jpg

I like this one but just to nitpick..maybe if you shot 3/4th of it from a slightly more low angle..but thats overanalysing...i love the bricks,they make it more interesting:)

I like this one but just to nitpick..maybe if you shot 3/4th of it from a slightly more low angle..but thats overanalysing...i love the bricks,they make it more interesting:)

:) Thank you for your feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back