Unique Portraits Attempts

Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some shots from a get together of a couple of photographers. Trying to do something a little different, as photography ruts are the worst.

So these are all pretty different from eachother.

C&C greatly appreciated!

4791292006_8667f2a0b2.jpg

4788712196_049c386dcd.jpg

3. Are the highlights way too hot/blown out in this shot for it to work?

4788712748_9272c7d79d.jpg

natasha2.jpg

I personally think they are beautiful the top photo is my favorite

Last edited:
I like #'s 1 and 2. The highlights are fine in #3, though I don't care for the shot. Pretty good? Yes. Unique? No.

Thank you sin_d84

Alpha - Thanks for you for your complete honesty, its refreshing.

i like 3 with tighter crop maybe. I cant see 4 because it is blocked. I like no. 1 the best.

---How exactly are you envisioning the crop for number 3? A square crop, or just taking out some of the negative space at the top?

Last edited:
it is blocked by my company server. It is probably photobucket. Sorry I was not being clear. Now I cant see any of them LOL. Other people could see it, just not me.

I got you. Yes - work places dont generally appreciate if their slaves...err employees are playing around on photography forums do they?

try cropping it same ratio but leave the left brick wall out. I also find it interesting how #1 has ONE on the photo (bottom right).

I really like 1 and 2, specifically number 2. Feels almost like shes in a magical land =) #3 Im just not feeling the dark dark colors, Good photo, just not my type. Number 4, I like the effect you did on it, but it just doesn't jump out at me.
All in all I think you did a good job though =)

Love number 2.

Number 3 has a very desolate feeling to it and I am digging it as well.

Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!

Those are absolutely beautiful.

#4 doesn't belong in the series as it is very different but it is still beautiful.

I don't see a single problem with any of them but, if I did, I wouldn't say a word because it would only be a problem with my vision of photography.

Thank you c.cloudwalker. Yes...number four was from a different series shot around the same time. So it doesnt really go with the other three.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back