University Student!

Corry, wow!
But like I was saying in Post 10, the only things that really need to be "decyphered" (or not?) are "university", "matriculation", "geology" and "palaeontology", "first semester" and "Bachelor of Science" ;)

I know. ;) I was being silly. :p I was able to get enough out of it to get the jist. :p

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

(I'm not that bad at German, but I have no idea what 'matriculation' means, and I can't remember getting such a fancy letter when I got accepted).

He'll do great and maybe there's a job in it for you too, once he graduates: official 'look what I'm finding in the earth'-photographer...:D

congrats to him and you!

pascal

"Immatrikulation" in German (which I think is "matriculation" in English) is just the registration as student in a particular university. "Bescheinigung" (ie. the other half of that longish word) is "certificate".

And yes, I am hoping for many a new photo ops resulting from these imminent changes in all our lives - for one, Greifswald is said to be a very, very pretty, highly photogrenic little town, so there're things to explore to begin with, and then he might be sent to the most interesting excursions - though I fear that'll only be HIS big chance to see some more of this world ... and later ... ah, we shall just wait and see.

It is SOME step for a mother to let her chick leave the nest and fly ... bittersweet moment.

The only things I can say in German are Guten tag and Oktoberfest :p

I tried to learn some basic Danish stuff...Don't even get me started on that...

The only things I can say in German are Guten tag and Oktoberfest :p

I tried to learn some basic Danish stuff...Don't even get me started on that...

You not even managed to learn the word Bier?

You can NOT say "Ein Bier, bitte?" Oh, poor you. You'll have a hard time on Oktoberfest then ;) :greenpbl:

And Danish, well, that is something else all together. "Rød grød med fløde" is a tough one to speak! :D But tastes GOOD!!! :D

How does this work? Is it only a 6 month course? Anyway congrats to him..

I recognize med...A Danish girl once said to me "tylikykylylkylk MED fodsoagengadgdgn" Or something like that... I figured it meant happy birthday! Then I tried to speak it to her...she laughed

How does this work? Is it only a 6 month course? Anyway congrats to him..

No. That's only the first semester. It'll take him ... Alex, help me, how many semesters till Bachelor? Six?

Yeah it is usually six... Good for him. Is he very interested in geology?

He was mostly interested in the sciences in school, geology was not among them, though. Biology and chemistry were his strongest subjects. It will be sort of new to him, therefore quite exciting, too.

Cool... wish him good luck from me too... there..one more excuse to get him to read this thread. ;)

Most reactions

Back