"Unsupported Image Format" in Aperture

From what I understand, the current version of Camera Raw (used by both CS4 and LR2) will open the 7D RAW format, but it is only a BETA and has some issues to be ironed out . As always happens when a new camera hits the market, it is going to be a bit of time before Apple and Adobe catch up. Sit back and use DPP which came with your 7D until that happens :) . It would be nice if the manufacturers would give Adobe and Apple a heads-up before they release a new product, so they were on top of things (and it would be nicer if there were a RAW standard rather than all the RAWs being put out there with each camera release).

This reminds me, I wonder if my Capture One from Phase One is updated yet ...

I opened a 7D raw file without issues in Lightroom.

You'd be the only one. A quick google search will reveal Lightroom seems to reject somewhere under half of the 7D RAW files, and the files that it does open apparently are of very poor quality, users citing colour problems, and noise problems even at lowest ISO.

I opened a 7D raw file without issues in Lightroom.

You'd be the only one. A quick google search will reveal Lightroom seems to reject somewhere under half of the 7D RAW files, and the files that it does open apparently are of very poor quality, users citing colour problems, and noise problems even at lowest ISO.

I only tried one file so I can't add any more to this

Well, I picked up my 7D yesterday so I'll have to try LR and see what happens. I don't think Capture One has the 7D RAW yet either ...

Most reactions

Back