Untitled

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please critique as strongly as possible. This was from my trip to Cambodia, it's one of my favorite pictures I've taken, so please let me know how to improve.

olderman.JPG

I like it!! My eye is drawn straight to his face, which is great, and the background doesnt interfere at all! Good use of DOF. There's noise, but it could be compression issue, I'm not sure. Oh, and the part where one of the boards in the background touches the subject's head bothers me a bit. If the board was a bit shorter and wouldnt make contact with his head, it would work better as far as framing goes, I think. But photoshop can fix that :)

Wow, I love that man's expression. Yeah, didn't notice the different shades of the arms until skiboarder mentioned it.

He just seems like this really happy dude.:thumbup:

Yes I noticed that about the arms today. I will try adjusting it in PS and fix the problem, it was just a random shot as were all my shots from the trip were. Thanks for the comments...

This is a very lucky shot and you did well with what you had at the time: you adjusted your DOF perfectly, it is brilliantly sharp where it has to be sharp, and you even got light and shadow balanced nicely, although one of this man's arms is in the shadow while the other is in the light.
But all that seems natural enough and therefore I'd just leave things the way they are, although there is PhotoShop to change everything.
In some cases, however, the purist comes out in me and I think: Why change everything? The situation was this at the time it presented itself to you, and you made the best of it. Why change?

Thanks LaFoto!!! You've made an excellent point, and I never noticed it until yesterday right before I posted it and probably had looked at the photo about 50 times before that...I think I'll leave it as is :)

leave it alone. it is a perfect representation of exactly what the camera saw at that instant. some things, this shot included , are best taken straight up. nice work by the way, please share more of your cambodia images.

Thanks fullpower...I'm not gonna touch it :) Check out the Cambodia thread in the general photo section, I posted a bunch there, and will probably post some more soon. Feel free to check out my website too...theres some on there as well. Thanks for the great comments!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back