bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BRI_0100.jpg
BRI_0100.jpg

Could be a painting...very nice

Nice. You should not have cut the top of the tree. Some air above it is a must in this composition.

I'm thinking there are probably several pictures in this scene. Might move around a bit to see what pops up. Try closer to some of the objects.

As it is, there is the leading line of the short concrete wall, the cemetery, just some nice trees, and the aerial perspective due to the fog/mist.

It does scream "cold" for sure. I'm inclined to agree with sashbar about cutting off the trees, although you could also go by the principle that if you're going to clip something, do it convincingly and crop tighter. If you go that way, you might want to take some off the left as well (or not) - just play around with it and see what you like.

I immediately had a lonely feeling. I always love when photos give me feels. I like the chipped concrete, fallen down tree and then the cemetery with the cold winter grays.

It's a nice photo. You should see it white balanced and tone normalized.

Joe

if you're going to clip something, do it convincingly and crop tighter..
I think maybe this. I don't think you're losing anything by cropping the top tighter.

if you're going to clip something, do it convincingly and crop tighter..
I think maybe this. I don't think you're losing anything by cropping the top tighter.
you know I really debated that crop hard. The distortion correction killed me, pushed the tree right to edge of the top side. I hadn left much room to start with now the top of the tree was pushing the top of the frame after I did the distortion correction. . It looked distracting. Just in a minute looking at it my eye kept traveling up to the tip of the tree on the edge of the frame. I wanted the eye to follow the cement wall hit the stones, stop a moment on the tree and then relate the end on the otherside to the stones in the mid ground. well, it was too easy for the eyes to follow this tree hiting the top of the frame. so I hacked it. Figure i hack it the potential distraction is gone, and it starts you further into the frame when looking at it making it more likely you will just keep looking further in instead up. And it was a huge crop debate, though very short in length.

BRI_0100.jpg

Last edited:
No, I think I was wrong. In my opinion it loses a lot. Any chance for a retake? Getting those conditions back might be tough.

It's a nice photo. You should see it white balanced and tone normalized.

Joe
please explain.

It's very blue -- I think snow and ice isn't really so blue. The photo has no black point and the diffuse highlights are nowhere near white.

Joe
at a thousand under on the other version it was REALLY blue. But I liked the effect. On this it is only a few hundred under camera white balance. The darks I enhanced on the slider exposure dropped a notch. highlights I have dropped. Honestly I really don't remember what I did I know jack about post process, I just knew low color,dark, cold, I would run with it the mood was already there.

Most reactions

Back