Untitled

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For my bud, Steve, @astroNikon. Love you brother.

2017_0619_11182500-01.jpeg

love it in Black & White with all the algae/water flow lines on the concrete.

Is that a frog or just a rock on the rock to the right ?

Thanks, turtle, actually two on rock. Little one behind it. You know the location, right? Converted to Acros green filter, in camera, +2 sharp, +2 contrast, +1 shadow tone (actually darkens shadow tones), -1 on highlight tone. Original image shot in Velvia mode, I found shooting in velvia mode raw then converting to acros gives me a more contrasty look, which was the pre vision. Slight crop + slight straighten using snapseed on my 18" tablet.

... You know the location, right? ...
Yeah, I have a couple pics of you standing on it taking pics .. reserved for some future use of blackmail or something ...

oh yeah, turtle facing the camera. Little one on top right.

you're going to end up making me get a FujiFilm, and hope the skill comes with it.

I got that pigeon shot, up top there. It was freaky that day, pretty windy way up there.

I almost cloned out the rock / turtles but didn't want to go on winblows desktop.

Nice JC!! If you do decide to edit post, just a suggestion - crop closer left and right. Then clone out the remainder of the rock, and the opening top right. Correct the slight lean to the right. You'd end up with some fantastic symmetrical patterns!

Nice JC!! If you do decide to edit post, just a suggestion - crop closer left and right...
Hmmm... my suggestion would to move the crop to the right, retain the rock (complete, w/turtles) and give it a little breathing room image right if possible. I think the symmetry of the spillways is strong enough on it's own, but the rock adds a beneficial touch of "WTF?" to the image.

Nice JC!! If you do decide to edit post, just a suggestion - crop closer left and right. Then clone out the remainder of the rock, and the opening top right. Correct the slight lean to the right. You'd end up with some fantastic symmetrical patterns!
Good idea. I think I'll do that tonight. Thanks.

I think the symmetry of the spillways is strong enough on it's own, but the rock adds a beneficial touch of "WTF?" to the image.

You may be right, a little incongruity in the scene. The symmetry of the scene is so strong it might survive, though for those of us cursed with OCD it's like chalk on a chalkboard. LOL

I think the symmetry of the spillways is strong enough on it's own, but the rock adds a beneficial touch of "WTF?" to the image.

You may be right, a little incongruity in the scene. The symmetry of the scene is so strong it might survive, though for those of us cursed with OCD it's like chalk on a chalkboard. LOL
Perfection is overrated! ;) Rule #1,893 is "always have a turtle in your image!" :lol:

I love the texture in this image, and the gorgeous tonal range. Very nice!

Nice JC!! If you do decide to edit post, just a suggestion - crop closer left and right...
Hmmm... my suggestion would to move the crop to the right, retain the rock (complete, w/turtles) and give it a little breathing room image right if possible. I think the symmetry of the spillways is strong enough on it's own, but the rock adds a beneficial touch of "WTF?" to the image.
Thanks. No room to the right. Should have chimped but Turned it off.

Perfection is overrated! ;) Rule #1,893 is "always have a turtle in your image!" [emoji38]

I love the texture in this image, and the gorgeous tonal range. Very nice!
Thanks. You can tweak the raw in camera during the conversion. The XT2 is a really good camera overall and getting a film look is what I was seeing. It's fairly easy to do if you nail the exposure.

Most reactions

Back