unusual amount of robins this time of year

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
we usually never have robins in my part of the U.S this time of year, but this year we have been having flocks of them roosting in our brush. so i went out one evening and took a few photos. i was pretty surprised how close robins will let you get to them. i didnt zoom in on any of these. c&c please

Copyofeveningrobins067.jpg

eveningrobins009.jpg

Copyofeveningrobins022.jpg

i know the birds are blurry in that first one, i was using my nikon p&s and you cant control shutter speed on it. im saving up for a nikon d40 though

hmmm- are these not that good? nobody has commented. how can i make them better everyone

I like the first and third ones. The colors in the first really stand out, the slight pink tint in the sky really works well with the red barn. and in the third, I like the way the birds kind of look like the leaves in the trees, the way they're scattered around at first they look like leaves on the ground, until you look closer. Though the third does look a tad flat to me.

As for the second, it is not really interesting to me, there's nothing that strongly grabs my attention.

hey i really appreciate your comments Eldrich. i can definetly see that the third looks pretty flat

the tree and fence kind of act like a frame, if they could have been more of a foreground, then I think your eyes would want to roam around the picture more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back