Unusual-but fun!! (Thanks to ClarinetJDW)

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was interested in getting the black background naturally, without the help of PS, so I spoke with ClarinetJDW who had a couple of awsome photos that had very natural black backgrounds and got his advice. Sooo, this is my first attempt. It is an unusual object, but I had a lot of fun with it. I actually pulled it out of my potpourri bowl LMAO!
Thanks Clarinet-for your help. I am sure I will be seeking your advice more in the future, for you are an inspiration!

Not the best subject, but was handy at midnight :lmao:
swiggle.jpg

Now I am curious.. what exactly did you do for the background?

Good sharp focus on this!

looks like DNA
I thought the same thing, as I was just reading about deoxyribonucleic acid (and learning how to spell it)! (Nothing like quoting a person who posted after you eh? ;) )

As Clarinet instructed..I taped it to my glass back door (at night), turned off all of the lights ( I did keep one on behind me so that I could see what I was focusing on LOL) Then took it to PS and took out very few blemishes.

I was just reading about deoxyribonucleic acid...
lol, now i just call it deox, we're intimates... Biology, eh? I chose the bio option class by my own good will... challenging my ass off... but i love it.

Thanks JWD!! :hail: I couldnt find anything laying around the living room except for a pacifier that struck my interest to just tape to the window, then i dug through the potpourri bowl and whala! LOL

Coincidence- I made that discovery last night shooting pictures of the fence with my flash on. All I got when I looked at them was a really good picture of the fence, and no background whatsoever... Cool!

a black cloth often also works good. if say you wana do that in the day :)

if you stick with JWD, you won't go wrong! :hail:

cool shot!

Most reactions

Back