"" UP THE HILL FARM "

One of the reasons I believe in public critique, is that the audience actually just might learn something, even if the poster doesn't. Also why I believe in public editing.

Very true indeed! I do learn alot from giving critique and from editing other people's images.

LaFoto.... sorry I almost missed you here... I do see what your saying, about the poles, and crop... Will definitely consider this thought...

I like that term ----> Scroll cropping lol.... effective also !!

thanks so much!

was this taken somewhere in the penn state invicinity?

LaFoto.... sorry I almost missed you here...

Yes, sigh, this is what usually happens to me ... I say something and the others carry on speaking among themselves as if I weren't even there
confused-smiley-013.gif
... ah well ...

:wink:

Yes, sigh, this is what usually happens to me ... I say something and the others carry on speaking among themselves as if I weren't even there
confused-smiley-013.gif
... ah well ...

I sometimes like to make my suggestions on a photo before reading other's and I made my comment on what I saw in the first post only.

I think we are takling different crops here anyway- I'd keep the entire road in. top to bottom, if you want to keep the roller-coaster effect. I just don't care for any of the tree on the left and only part of the tree on the right- counting fence posts, that would be vertically from about the fourth post.

:hugs: Walter.
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular here, just joking a bit.
And hey, yes, your cropping idea is yet another one might think about ("scroll-cropping" unfortunately does not work horizontally, but I always have a piece of cardboard nearby with which I can do it - you sometimes even see me juggling with three that I press to my screen to see if a crop would work ;)) - I tried it and I see what you mean.

Lots for New_England_Moments to play now! :mrgreen:

confused-smiley-013.gif
... ah well ...

trust me, we all feel like that sometimes...;)

hello?

hello?

.... :mrgreen:

NEM:

I don't think this photo needs a crop, I think it's needs warmer colours. Did you keep the colours a little light on purpose? Maybe to put more emphasis on the barn? It's probably just me, but the barn is too far away to be the subject, I immediately thought it was the rollercoaster road. So why not create more contrast, so you can see the road wind through a colourful landscape?

pascal

Puscas.... How we doing!! Yeah the barn is the subject , but Hmmmm how can I say this, in a different kind of way here... Most of my shooting involves barns, and about 80 % of them are red lol... I think I wanted to show the barn, but also not have the barn steal the entire scene... I also felt it was important to show Vermont roads, and this roller coaster one really hit me..

I guess if this makes sense -----> If you know me and my style and you see a lot of my pics of barns you assume Red..lol so this shot is kind of a , Wow what is this from NEM, and then you see the barn and say, Ok it's him, theres the Red Barn... Whewww that was hard to explain,,, I did explain it didn't I ?
and again Thanks for your comments on this!!

I do try and hopefully i will always answer any reply posts, I think its only a common courtesy , if someone takes the time to leave a thought, then you as a poster , should reply !!

quote: I do try and hopefully i will always answer any reply posts, I think its only a common courtesy , if someone takes the time to leave a thought, then you as a poster , should reply !!

No matter how hard it is to be civil eh? lol

Lol... mysteryscibe, your testing me here right,,,lol

Boy this is one active forum, I gotta admit that, got to stay on your toes here to keep up... but seriously it is a courtesy to reply , someone takes the time , guess poster should also... my finger is getting sore here, think that came from me starting out here on the wrong foot with everyone, instead of my toes lol...

:hugs: Walter.
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular here, just joking a bit.
And hey, yes, your cropping idea is yet another one might think about ("scroll-cropping" unfortunately does not work horizontally, but I always have a piece of cardboard nearby with which I can do it - you sometimes even see me juggling with three that I press to my screen to see if a crop would work ;)) - I tried it and I see what you mean.

Lots for New_England_Moments to play now! :mrgreen:

:thumbup: You're cool- always have been, probably always will be.

Most reactions

Back