Upclose self portrait

I'm to scared to do a "close up" self portrait. Hell I'll run everybody right off the board! :lmao:

Nice shots but I agree with Alpha try diffrent facial expressions.
How about one blowing a kiss, or a smile and a wink, ect ect.

The model blowing kisses, is kinda old but I would bet you could pull that off very well. try one next time your bored. You don't have to post it but try it.

actually the "blowing a kiss" idea is in the works. Im trying to do some 1950s pin up inspired photos.... any help would be appreciated as far as lighting tips PPS tips, etc...

Not sure how the lighting was then, but things for you to watch for are
if your really going for the 50,s pin-up style.
The Hair style back then could be a problem. I guess you can still get things like the stocking with the seams in the back that was popular for pin up shots also corsets, period style underwear and outer garments may be made especially for the shoot, A theatrical costumer is a good choice for that if your willing to put a lot of effort into it.
The lipstick from the 50's seems to be a very deep red or burgundy in color a high contrast to the pale skin and ruby lips look that was popular then. Something to consider before you start on your summer tan.

Like I said, not sure how much you want to get involved in this. Take it as far as you want/can. But if nothing else you should be able to fine poses that were popular then.

Sounds like fun!

My idea is to "take from the best and make it my own" AKA take a pin up and give it a modern twist. Any tips for that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back