Update from NZ

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys.Just very quickly. I am currently in the South of New Zealand. Currently at Te Anau. Heading to Milford Sound in the next few days.

I will have lots of pictures when I return...

Started ChCh, then to oamaru, then dunedin, then catlins etc.

Must go. I have no time left!

See you all soon!

- Alecia

yay I'm jealous!!! when are you going to post some pics????

Oi. I just been back a week. Middle Earth is just fantastic for photos... and the south island is most fantastic of all. I just finished creating my photo album for the north island. Still gotta start the south (about 200 pix per island).

I ended up taking 1,600 photos all up. LMAO. 3 damn gig worth.

Enjoy. Milford Sound is fantastic - even if it rains. I thought Christchurch was a bit boring and I missed Dunedan which was a pitty. Loved Te Anau. Go to the Glow-worm caves mate. Well worth the trip (unless you are clostraphobic).

Hey Guys...

Well.. only a couple of days to go... Am at another internet cafe. Now staying in a holiday park near Lake Mathieson (Near Franz Josef). Headed to Greymouth tomorrow then back to ChCh on thursday to quickly jump on a plane!

Milford Sound was awesome... Very nice- and we got a perfect day for it... Well - really the morning was terrible and overcast -- BUT -- we missed our boat! and therefore got on a later one by which time the weather had cleared and it worked out good!

I did the glow worm caves - very cool... A shame about no photos though...

Sunday night we stayed in Glenorchy just outside of Queenstown. I took the time to do the shotover (well, the same thing as the shotover but a different company). That was fun..

Stayed in Arrowtown last night. Not a lot to do there. A Big walk. Went goldpanning. No Luck!

And then today we walked through the chinese village... This afternoon after a long drive - We walked around Lake Mathieson...

Have taken lots of photos... Filled 2 128's, + 1 64 (on a 3MP), plus up to roll #10.

Anyways. Not much time left... So I better get going...

See you all in 2 days!

Byes,
Alecia

Sounds like you're having fun! :thumbsup:

I'm not clued up on New Zealand's geography. Were you anywhere near theWRC? You could have got some great shots there.

Wot's theWRC?

I reckon we are gunna have to start a New Zealand theme... or maybe Lord of the Rings.. or summat.

Ferny.. it's the most beautiful place in the world doode.

I am finally home!

I have a problem, that I will also post in the general section...

I got home, and we looked through my photos - now, 75 of them say they are corrupted!

When I load them into my computer, The files come up, and the filesizes etc, but when I click the file, it says "no preview available", so I tried opening in PaintShop Pro - and it says "This is not a valid JPEG-JFIF file".

any ideas what I can do?

The photos were burnt onto a cd by a photo lab in TeAnau, I clicked through them at the time (they ask you to check) - and they all seemed to work fine... But now I can't run them! And I tried on the DVD player first, and then on my dvd, and then on the computer..

I have since formatted the memory card & taken more photos on it... Would I still be able to recover them?

I don't think there are any extremely important photos on there - but all the same - they are my photos!

Thanks for your help. (and wait around to see any photos I have to post, just give me time to edit, etc.)

If you've formatted your card then I can't see you getting the photos back mate. It sounds like the CD corrupted. Copy the files from the CD/DVD onto your hard drive and then try to open them. With a bit of luck they may correct along the way.

Download PC Inspector, it's a freeware program, but works really good - you may still have some on your memory card, and it mght be able to get it off CD too - whichever way it's worth a try.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Worked for me on a corrupt CF a while back, it picked up quite a few old pics that I'd taken several formats ago, plus all the new ones.

Good Luck

Chase, unfortunately, no. I have tried every program everyone has suggested, but no luck. One program found the photos - but it was the same scenario - they wouldn't open...

Lucky I use both film and digital at any given time... And also - those photos were from a train trip - The photos that are "missing" are the return journey - so I probably have photos very similar from the first time I passed all that stuff.

Still is very annoying! I paid $12.50 for a cd that doesnt have all my photos!

Thanks to you all for your help though!

Most reactions

Back