Updated Nikon D40/D40x?

hoboahoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I don't know much about the Nikon's past camera releasing history, but I overheard their general product life cycle is about 2 years. When is Nikon expected to release an updated sequel to the D40/D40x? The original D40 was released in December 2006. The reason I'm asking you this info is that I'm interested in aquiring a lowend current generation camera. Thank you.

I was under the impression that the D60 was the updated version of the D40.

ok, thank you. The D60 at the release ($750-ish) seems to be priced much higher than the release price of D40 (sub $600). Is it a common practice by the manufacturers to hike the price when they update a model?

I am looking for a lower priced, but a current model in the original D40 price range, and I was hoping I can find one with a better LCD, a CMOS with higher ISO capability. Maybe it's just a wishful thinking.

Thank you guys. Have a nice weekend.

The D60 exists to fill a gap in the market. It has very little to tout over the D40 and certainly not enough to warrant the now-$300 price gap.

That said, I'd like to see a firmware update the D40 with auto-bracketing, metering that doesn't overexpose, a few more don't-have-to-dig-through-menus controls using the currently-unused buttons with the command dial in shooting mode, and one that doesn't zoom out a zoomed-in preview after you delete an image. Shoot, I'd pay for a firmware update if it did all that.

Most reactions

Back